first run munchmounts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rich

Post by Rich »

Munch,

I think your mount looks great but the first thing I noticed when I looked at it was it was spelt wrong. As a consumer, when I see something spelt wrong on a label or merchandise, a few things come to mind (person can't spell or doesn't take pride in their work). I have no way of knowing why you did it that way when you made it, maybe it was cheaper because of one less letter. Use this analogy, would you get your wife's name tattooed on yourself and leave a letter out because it looked more symmetrical that way, don't think so. Which ever route you decide to go, hope you do well with your sales. Just a little friendly criticism we are giving you.

Rich
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

munch wrote: i cannot even find that word every time i type it in this forum it tells me its not spelled correct( thamks )again terry
Searched for excal. Search took 0 seconds.

Your search - excal - did not match any documents.
No pages were found containing "excal".
I just typed in the same thing, I got one thousand seven hundred and thirty five hits, that's 1735. That is just on this forum.

I like the mount, for the simple fact that I love anything a guy can create when he has a few extra minutes and some tools. However, I have a bit of resentment for the fact that this is simply a modification of another mans creation, the concept of utilizing those two holes in this manner is the brainchild of another person, so, to not sound like a hypocrite about my stance on the middelton bow I thought I would share my opinion here too.
At one point it was just for you munch, and that was very admirable. You took someone else's logic and changed it enough to make it different, cosmetically. Now that it is up for sale my opinion on it has changed, it has crossed that line of ingenuity straight in to infringement.
I see no difference between what you have done to groundpounders mount as to what middleton did to the Excalibur bow it resides on.

Again, it is not about the product, it is about the principal.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

What Pyd said. But this one is being made in Canada just like your bow.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
roland

Post by roland »

What's the difference between two people making these mounts or two people making strings it's all the same,one or the other.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

i think some are just upset that someone has made a good thing better
I would say that this is a matter of opinion. I have sat on the sidelines on this one up until now but do not see where my opinion isn't any less important than another. What makes the Munch mount better than a groundpounder? Because it has broadhead tighteners? When I use a broadhead tightener they are plastic to not damage or dull the blades. And if you are going to tighten a broadhead with a painted or powder coated mount it will not be long before whichever coating you use will be chipping off. Is the Munch mount better because its prettier? I even commented early on that it does look neat. But alot can also be said for simple and practical. Is the Munch mount better for function? Don't think so, looks like it will sit exactly like the groundpounder. Only that the Munch mount may be a little heavier(guessing from the look). Is it less expensive? Nope. Looks like it costs atleast $13.00 more for the time being and I haven't seen if that includes shipping or not.
Am I upset that Munch has come up with a quiver mount similiar to the groundpounder? No. What does upset me though is that he is now trying to market it as his design. The design is the exact same, just more like adding a trim package to a car. Still the same car. What also upsets me is that I notice in the pictures posted on the trading post it is only sitting on one post while the other one is at a shop being priced and copied. Those posts being groundpounder posts! If I am wrong with this statement correct me and I will apologize for it but do not believe an apology will be necessary. This to me is a huge lack of respect! For the majority on this forum I see a great respect for one another on here but with this you have lost mine. I bite my tongue with lots of things on the forum for not wanting to be disrespectful. But with this one I will finally speak up.
Why ride when you can walk!
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

KIDS KIDS KIDS. If there were 10 people on here making strings or ten people making quiver mounts or bolts people are going to buy WHAT THEY LIKE. Who made the first bow?? Who made the first string or bolts WHO CARES people are going to buy WHAT THEY LIKE!! Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by wildwindom on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

wildwindom wrote:KIDS KIDS KIDS.
This is coming from someone who posts about how many posts he has! :D

Just messing with ya.. This is actually a fairly important topic to me.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I do not believe that my reply was childish in the least!
Why ride when you can walk!
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

groundpounder wrote:I do not believe that my reply was childish in the least!
Didnt say your post was.
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Last edited by VixChix on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

VixChix wrote:"not now kids, Mommy's on Facebook...."
:lol: :lol: :lol: Like you say vixchix ROFLOL.
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

roland wrote:What's the difference between two people making these mounts or two people making strings it's all the same,one or the other.
I didn't buy a groundpounder simply because of where it positioned my arrows, I was in a sense rewarding a guy for being creative enough to use those silly little holes and make us something useful.
The groundpounder mount isn't a copy of anything, it isn't an attempt at making something that already existed even better, it was an idea that manifested it's self into a product, not a product that manifested it's self in to an idea.
WMU 91
Boo string
munch

Post by munch »

BY ALL MEANS TODD IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO POST THE PM I SENT YOU A WHILE BACK TO CREDIT YOU FOR A GREAT IDEA I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH THAT I HAVE SAID NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS ABOUT YOU .MAYBE YOU DID NOT GET THE PM BUT LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE IT SENT AGAIN .ANYONE WHO READS THIS FORUM CAN SEE IN 2 MINUITES YOU ARE RESPECTED HERE MYSELF INCLUDED .
THIS WILL BE MY LAST REPLY TO THIS THANKS TERRY
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Pydpiper wrote:
roland wrote:What's the difference between two people making these mounts or two people making strings it's all the same,one or the other.
I didn't buy a groundpounder simply because of where it positioned my arrows, I was in a sense rewarding a guy for being creative enough to use those silly little holes and make us something useful.
The groundpounder mount isn't a copy of anything, it isn't an attempt at making something that already existed even better, it was an idea that manifested it's self into a product, not a product that manifested it's self in to an idea.
And I agree, and groundpounders mount was first and very, very piratical being a over the top mount and letting one carry his arrows in line with the stock.... less to catch when walking through the woods.

With no dis-respect to groundpounder and his mount which I do have one, I do feel munchs mount all-though it do mount in the same way is not a copy of groundpounders mount, it is different in a number of ways.

One can only mount things in a few ways on the Excalibur so is groundpounders or munchs mounts copy's of the ones sold by others ? being the only real difference is design in how they look. Any with some work can be made to mount on top, bottom or side.

I have a lot of respect for groundpounder, and in no way putting him nor his work down as in my book it is great.. I will not put munch down in no way either as I like the way it looks, just my 2 cents.. I still think their is room for more then one seller on the trading forum and let the buyer choose. As this is only my opinion I do stand to be corrected fer sure!!

I think its great when one has a choice in more then one. Man this is one great family forum, and I sure hope I didn't loose any family member/members by this post....

I'm still under some heavy med's so not making any excuses, I have read and re-read this post before submitting :roll:

GaryL.... :D
Last edited by GaryL on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Very well said groundpounder, I think most of the people here would tend to agree with your assesment.