Paradox shooters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Oxford Caller

Paradox shooters

Post by Oxford Caller »

I'am a new member to the fourm, spent alot of time reading the fourm past few months and wanted to say hello. And ask anyone shooting a paradox if they would share set-ups with me ie. arrow weights , broad heads, scopes etc. Thanx and you guys and girls have a great forum here.
Paradox
Drop Zone
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Welcome to the forum.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
munch

Post by munch »

i had one for a a year or two and shot the arrows from a right stuff package they shot real good .i don,t take long shots but out to30yards was ok .i think they are quieter than the recurve but bought my exomag for moose and wanted it simple with less to go wrong when your hours from the nearest shop
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Welcome to the forum
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Boo

Post by Boo »

Speak to Danny Miller. I am betting there is no one on this earth that knows more about that bow. Horizontal Archery 37432 Fifth Avenue 740-483-2312
Last edited by Boo on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

welcome to the forum
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mikej

Post by mikej »

welcome
bj

Re: Paradox shooters

Post by bj »

Oxford Caller wrote:I'am a new member to the fourm, spent alot of time reading the fourm past few months and wanted to say hello. And ask anyone shooting a paradox if they would share set-ups with me ie. arrow weights , broad heads, scopes etc. Thanx and you guys and girls have a great forum here.
been here (still am)

19" lazer II
brass insert
85 grain slick trick
4" feathers (although you really don't have to - i just like my feathers)

-tons of foc, arrow weight is right around the minimum, and it shoots sub 2" c/c groups out to fifty yards off a sandbag rest...i've owned 5 of these all together (maxpoints and paradox's) and this combo has worked the best...

good luck...
mikej

Post by mikej »

Boo wrote:Speak to Danny Miller. I am betting there is no one on this earth that knows more about that bow. Horizontal Archery 37432 Fifth Avenue 740-483-2312
he helped design it didn't he ??
Tar Heel

Re: Paradox shooters

Post by Tar Heel »

Oxford Caller wrote:I'am a new member to the fourm, spent alot of time reading the fourm past few months and wanted to say hello. And ask anyone shooting a paradox if they would share set-ups with me ie. arrow weights , broad heads, scopes etc. Thanx and you guys and girls have a great forum here.
Oxford, I have 2 Buckmaster Maxpoint crossbows which is the same bow as the Paradox which was a joint venture with bear archery and excalibur.
Excalibur furnished the stock and bear furnished the bow. I'm guessing they were made from 1998 to 2003 ( will be close).
It is 175 lbs. pull
Minimun arrow weight 400 grains
Velocity 340 FPS.
You can use a crankaroo cocker made by Excalibur
You can use Excalibur scopes and mounts, I have a varizone on both mine.
I use laser 11 gold tip arrows and slick trick fixed heads and rage and shockwave mechanicals.

Welcome to the forum.
Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
mikej

Post by mikej »

i always thought they were 185 lb pull
Oxford Caller

Post by Oxford Caller »

Thanx for the replies i have a drop zone on it right now want to go to varizone shooting xx75 2217 with 125 grain heads not sure of the complete weight. Shoots good to 30 have not used in few years, have new string and cables hopeing to get turkey hunting with it this spring. So any set ups you guys could share would be great
Paradox
Drop Zone
Oxford Caller

Post by Oxford Caller »

meant to say 2117 arrows .
Paradox
Drop Zone
hawg hunter

Paradox

Post by hawg hunter »

I've 2 of these bows both shoot 340+ fps with Laser II and 100 grain bhds w/ brass inserts 65grain, 2" blaser and plastic nocks. Deadly out to 40 yds, my limit . This bow is capable of more speed but who needs it. Just have to chase down your arrows farther after passthrough. Uing a 125 grain bhd would be really quiet bow.
Earl D. Woodyard, Jr.

Paradox

Post by Earl D. Woodyard, Jr. »

I have a Max Point (Paradox). I have been shooting 18inch, Carbon Express 22/64 shafts, 5inch plastic vanes right helical, flat metal or plastic nock, 100 grain field points and 100 grain Slick Tricks. Total weight 400 to 407 Grains.
When I purchased the bow from Lancaster Archery in Pennsylvania it came with an instructional pamphlet recomending an 18 inch shaft with
a total weight of 400 or more grains. I have also made 18 inch Gold Tip
shafts with the brass inserts and excalibur butts total weight appox. 420 grains. Easton XX75 2219 aluminum 18 inch shafts , plastic 5" vanes , metal flat butts, 100 grain field point, total weight 434 grains. All of these bolts get the job done. I like the 18 inch bolts the points do not stick out past the limbs (safer)and it does not effect the speed of the bolt. The bow has drop zone scope with a vertical mounted range finder mount and the Dan Miller over the bow quiver mount. I have taken (2) does with this bow. I don't hunt it any more. I just use it for practice. Someone is always trying to buy it. A great crossbow. I wish they would make them again.