sts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lucky strike

sts

Post by lucky strike »

I have been doing alot of reading on the STS and something does't make sense. I constantly see posts regarding noise so it must bother alot of the members.Ex Cal doesn't seem too concerned as it is inherent to their product.So what is so good about the STS? If it were all that great I would think Ex Cal would have incorporated the unit or comparative unit in their product and end this noise thing.I see other ads for xbows and a major sell point is quiet!-Don't you thnk Ex Cal woud like to make that claim? I have been a loyal fan since 1996 and all I ever used was the silencrs that came with the bow. I haven't had any problems taking game but for a string jump or two.I even took off the dp's on my new phoenix. they did not make any great difference but add weight.
Maybe I am a dinosaur about such things and a doubting Thomas but I think I'll wait for proof positive of a no noise Ex Cal if that ever happens!?
cdup

Post by cdup »

I just like mine being quieter, but the main reason is to save my limbs from a dry fire. It happen once this pass season, no damage to the limbs, so it is worth the extra weight on the front to me. JMHO
Respect everyone, but fear no one
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

A STS does not reduce noise to any noticeable degree. Vibration, maybe, but not noise. What they do is protect the bow in case of a dryfire. They also provide a quick reference for determining of brace height. Have made 'em for all 3 bows.