LaSalle Has It WRONG!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OneShot

LaSalle Has It WRONG!

Post by OneShot »

http://www.windsorstar.com/Sports/LaSal ... story.html

DEER HUNT REJECTED 2009-02-25 07:17:59
LaSalle Council has rejected hunting as a way to deal wth a growing deer population in the municipality. There have been 70 reported collisions involving deer and vehicles in the past 3 years. Councillor Ray Renaud says hunting the animals could jeopardize public safety. He's looking at other options, including ways to keep the deer away from busy roads.

This a town not far from Windsor who still think deer are cute !

I trap skunks , squirrels , oposums, racoons and now beaver in that area.

They are all cute until they destroy trees,gardens and property.

Bleeding hearts club syndrome!

oneshot........
Last edited by OneShot on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

How will hunting them jeopardize public safety? Did they ask the 70 motorist what they thought? Maybe they should introduce a natural predator like cougars to combat the issue, that would be better for public safety. :roll:
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I certainly hope that the Town Councillors of LaSalle Ont have the mis-fortune of hitting a deer soon. That event will certainly change their mind. The deer in the area have no great fear of people. My friend who lives in the area routinely chase the deer out of their backyards, only to run off 40 yards or so then return again. During a visit to our friends not long ago, we took a walk in the woods behind their house. The first deer we encountered was so curious that she followed behind us for the next 8 minutes. No more than 30-35 yards behind us. Can you imagine what I was thinking over and over. In the next 45 minutes we observed over 20 deer in that small bush area.
Archery would be a great tool to keep the population in check and feed families. Unfortunatly the councillors see archers as hunters who shoot arrows all over the place including houses and people. That view is so incredibly incorrect the way I see it.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

enormous,

Another case of misinformed people. Would be good to hold a public meeting and convey the FACTS not the myths. What would really suck is getting a fine for chasing deer off your property. According to the regs, that is a no no.
:roll:
cabinfever

Post by cabinfever »

We have a bunch of cities and park systems here in Ohio that pay anywhere from $500,000.00 to $750,000.00 to have sharp shooters come in and cull the deer. I think my tax money is being wasted. I would prefer to let the bow hunters thin the herd and save all that money. I wonder how much of that money is kicked back to a local thief oops I meant Politician.
exocet 200
grounponder
lumizone
mathews switchback
high country extreme
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Perhaps having the townships start to pay for the repairs, like they do south of the border would smarten them up :roll:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

well hell instead of hunting the dang things go rope them and round them up..HU that will change there minds lol
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
mikej

Post by mikej »

Hoss wrote:well hell instead of hunting the dang things go rope them and round them up..HU that will change there minds lol
good idea and i think the members of that counsel should be the ones to do the roping
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

To bad council did not think things through .
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

I live fifteen minutes from Lasalle. I'm going to go to their next council meeting and suggest they put up signs that read....... NO DEER ALLOWED NEAR BUSY ROADS
That should take care of the problem.
Last edited by Ben S. on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Ben S. wrote:I live fifteen minutes from Lasalle. I going to go to their next council meeting and suggest they put up signs that read....... NO DEER ALLOWED NEAR BUSY ROADS
That should take care of the problem.
:lol: :lol:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Ben,

Your idea will not work because deer can't read. Most are uneducated and ignorant. Similar traits to our politicians :lol: .