Speed of Sound

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Norlander wrote:I saw an archery show recently where Chuck Adams offered a tip. He said he always aims for the heart. That way if the deer jumps the string his arrow will usually still hit the lungs.
Makes sense to me.
Jerry
Ive heard that too Jerry, but i think if the deer jumps, its a clean miss. If it ducks, its a lung shot. You win either way.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
globemountain

Post by globemountain »

[quote="bstout"]"The deafest deer can hear the quietest crossbow" Dan Miller

That Dan Miller is hillarious!
globemountain

Post by globemountain »

bstout wrote:
globemountain wrote:That Dan Miller is hillarious!
Not only does Dan have a great sense of humor, he forgot more about archery hunting and crossbows than any of us will ever know about the sport.
In the Excalibur Crossbow video he said "It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'"

And also the line about "singin' saprano in the Vienna Boys choir"......

Hillarious!....
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Norlander wrote:I saw an archery show recently where Chuck Adams offered a tip. He said he always aims for the heart. That way if the deer jumps the string his arrow will usually still hit the lungs.
Makes sense to me.
Jerry
+1 -I heard that a while ago. I wish I had followed that advise over the winter when a completely relaxed doe at 42 yards (lasered) who was totally unaware of my presence miraculously jumped the string. She moved so abruptly and violently that I thought I had knocked her down but it was a complete miss. I could not believe it. Had I aimed for the heart as I knew to do I would have hit her properly. :shock:
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

Woody Williams wrote:"String jump" is an over rated excuse for missing. ;)
:lol:

An nice stringjump example video from out Itallian friends at COMPAGNIA BALESTRIERI CACCIATORI
(I had some problems with the directlink to the video in my browser. If you have problem you find the video at this page namned "Example of String-Jump").