Picture contest vote

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

swiftfox

Picture contest

Post by swiftfox »

It's time to vote. congrads to all who submitted a picture, It was difficult to choose just one. So I went to Florida for a week had a few cold beer and thought about it. :lol: :lol:
Narrowed it down to two RJ and Doemaster.. as both pictures were great. Then I flipped a coin ...Doemaster you won. That's my vote. 8)
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
terrym

Post by terrym »

Fishin-Hunter's picture gets my vote
Peach

Post by Peach »

Well, time for me to vote. I will warn you all that I am a little biased. I've been hunting deer for about 10 years now, and in 2008 bought myself my first crossbow. I've had good luck year after year, but the big buck as always eluded me. 2008 was a banner year for me, I managed to shoot 2 big mature bucks, shot my first deer with a bow (doe) and my 2nd (photo of buck submitted).
The day in question (photo) was a bitterly cold day with -14 celsius and a ton of snow. Walking in was a chore. I set myself up on a ridge overlooking a few trails. At around 9h00am, I see this monster buck coming up the trail right at me and the heart started pounding. The trail he was on would bring him within 25 yards. At 35 yards, he stood broadside for a second but I decided to wait it out. As he approaches the 25 yard zone, I set the crosshairs on him, wait for him to take one more step, and whipped an arrow over his back...that one more step he took was in a bit of a crevice and he ended up lower when I thought he would be higher. Heartbroken, I sat down and tried to recollect my thoughts. That was the biggest buck I had ever seen, and I had tons of time to shoot him.

Reload...10 minutes later, same trail, this guy walks in...needless to say, I was not waiting...at 40 yards, I threaded the arrow through 2 trees to hit him with a double lung. He fell 20 yards from where I shot. Then the work began....

So, my vote, as biased as it is, is for [b]Peach[/b]...that buck made me fall in love with bowhunting.
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

RJ
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
mike

vote

Post by mike »

Peach
Boo

Post by Boo »

ttt
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Iamcdneh

Post by Iamcdneh »

I vote for FishNHunter's Pic.
[img]http://ca.geocities.com/petergward/deer31.gif[/img]
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Fishn-Hunter wrote:I also would like RJ to know that no offense or anything like that was intended in any way shape or form. I had already made my mind up to exclude RJ's pic by my personal choice for pretty much same reason as MikeP only he beat me to it lol. I quoted MikeP as he is far better with words than I and he wrote pretty much what I wanted to say (except for the "I love ya RJ" part lol as I don't know you that well RJ lol).
Only I would never have got it out right and it would have taken me hours to write something that long lol. I have a 2 finger approach when it comes to typing, even this has taken a while. One thing I did not add is that (again no offense RJ) I felt his pic was a little cluttered and took away from the animal but again just my opinion.
I prefer pics taken in a natural setting with only the essentials in the pic, first and foremost the animal (the star of the show) the happy hunter and the weapon used. It shows enough of the story without taking away from the animal but this again is just my personal preference. I did not get my xbow in my 2nd pic and I do regret it.
At the time I felt the less to carry back while dragging that fella out the better as we had a long long way to go to get him to a vehicle. And lastly I just want to take this time to say thank you once again to Boo and all involved in prizes as well as RJ for making time out of his busy schedule to count votes and all his efforts involved in this contest.
My hats off to you guys and all the successful hunters and huntresses this past season. Success should not be only measured by taking an animal, in my opinion spending time in the woods is success in itself. And as said before by many, great pics this past season hope to see lots more next season. Wow its 3:30am gotta get to bed lol.
Fishn-Hunter
Same here, only I would like to exclude my picture. I appreciate the votes, however, I only put my picture in for the team contest. I wasn't expecting any votes in the photo contest. I didn't clean the deer like I expect the deer to be cleaned(see the blood).. Please place your votes for someone else.

Sincerely,

Scott
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

As posted on March 9th :
Cut off date is Saturday March 14th ... will do final tally and post winners on Sunday March 15th .
Was busy all day today ... Didn't get back on the net till just now ... So here is the final tally .

RJ = 9 votes to date ( 1st place )
Peach = 7 votes to date ( 2nd place )
catcher = 6 votes to date ( 3rd place )
Fishnhunter = 5 votes to date ( 4th place )
saxman = 4 votes to date ( 5th place )
Doemaster = 4 votes to date (some are disputed due to criteria)(Boo has requested those members re-vote ) ( *only one person re-voted , so I'm guessing other votes are spoiled ballots ? Boo will have final call )
Jeeptag = 3 votes to date ( 6th place)
Ger34 = 2 votes to date
Sumner4991 = 2 votes to date
Frenchman = 2 votes to date
Unclefester = 1 vote to date
Planter = 1 vote to date
Rich = 1 vote to date ( he had others but were disputed due to weapon used )
xbowkid = 1 vote to date
tracer = 1 vote to date
hunter740 = 1 vote to date ( vote was PM'd to me from Jeeptag after Doemaster re-vote request from Boo )

Thanks to all that donated the great prizes and thanks to all that participated in the vote !

After talking to Boo earlier tonight .. sounds like next years contest is going to have an even sweeter prize pool !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D Thank you RJ and Boo for taking the time to do this :D
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Congrats RJ!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

Congratulations RJ there is no doubt that your pictures are first class! Your work here on the forum is both selfless and tireless. Your long list of photo contributions and your time spent for others is appreciated by everyone. I know you don't expect anything in return but it is nice to see something come back to someone that does so much for others. Winning the other prizes is not a shabby thing either!
As RJ suggested I was talking about a cool prize. I was thinking about a small pocket sized camera, maybe a couple of them to go as the first prizes. We'll see how my string sales go!
Kudos to Excalibur and George at The Bow Shop for helping me make these gifts possible. I would also like to thank those who retail items to us members and contributed, it was a pleasant surprise to say the least! I hope you guys continue to be rewarded by more sales.
I would also make honorable mention to those that submitted pictures, the quality has certainly stepped up a notch or two! Thank you to all that put out an effort to vote, it is very much appreciated!
RJ, please contact George to pick up the Vixen.
Peach, you win the original Ground Pounder Mount.
Catcher gets the STS, please send your shipping info to my email address
The 4th, 5th and 6th prizes will be picked by Fishnhunter first, then by Sax and then by Jeeptag. Those prizes are a package of G5 Strikers, a slate Turkey call and a Tree Suit.
Those winners of the prizes not offered by myself should contact me. I will have Groundpounder, MikeP, Bucont contact the appropriate recipients.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I've cut and pasted the post on the prizes for everyone's convenience.

Boys, I will be offering a Vixen for first prize for the best picture. I will buy the bow and the winner will pay for shipping, insurance etc. The bow will be purchased with the co-operation of George Wagner of The Bow Shop and Excalibur! Cool eh?
I will have to think about second and third prizes but I thought I'd give you some incentive to take your camera and present some nice pictures.
I think you guys know what I want in a picture but this time crossbows only. Second prize, the famous Ground Pounder Mount! Graciously donated by Todd!
Third is an STS,,,don't forget to send in the warranty card.
Mike P has also graciously offered a prize as well so the 4th will pick between the Tree Suit ( http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/ ... esuit1.jpg http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/ ... esuit2.jpg and the Strikers and 5th gets what 4th does not pick.
Deadline is the end of Feb and I will pay for the shipping on the third and forth prizes.
Edit:bucont is offering one of his Turkey calls as another prize!!! The call will be in with the Strikers and the Treesuit so that the 4th, 5th and 6th best pictures will pick from those three prize in the winner order.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Congratulations R.J! also to Peach, catcher, fishnhunter, saxman!!!!
Its awesome of Boo and the others for offering the great prizes!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

Congratulations to all the winners..
RJ........im looking forward to the gift of the old bow you dont need no more :P
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them