Handle for your Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lucky strike

Handle for your Excalibur

Post by lucky strike »

I have mentioned this before,I think?
Carrying a stand on your back and not being able to shoulder the bow through thick brush an twisted small trees is exhausting.The limbs in a horizontal position is a nightmare.
I would like to see Excal. or someone come up with a reversible handle accessory to be fitted to the forestock so that you don,t have to wrap you hand around the rail and forestock in order to carry the bow in a balanced vertical position ,unloaded of course.
Is this a dumb idea or do I have some allies?
LS
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It is a good idea, the problem would be that anything mounted on the rail has the potential to get in the way of the string at the wrong time.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
lucky strike

Handle

Post by lucky strike »

If it's on the forestock and running parallel along it's length,(like a drawer handle) I would't think it would get in the way-It would be well below the rail.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

A permanent attachment?

Trying to help you out here.. I find there is only one place on the bow you can hold it, if you grip the rail right in front of the scope it is fairly balanced. Anywhere else and the bow want to "roll" because of the limbs.
May be something to look in to.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
lucky strike

Post by lucky strike »

Your correct-That's about the same spot I found it to balance.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Something to consider is an attachment that only gets used for transporting, a scissor style clamp that would grip around the rail during transport, that would allow you to manage the balance a bit easier.
WMU 91
Boo string
lucky strike

handle

Post by lucky strike »

Just a thought-How about a gaget with a quick release so you dont have to leave it on the bow if you don't want to? Like maybe a presure clamp of some kind that would grab the forestock at whatever point you wanted to position it.