tree saddle at the toronto sportsman show

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

the turkey guy

tree saddle at the toronto sportsman show

Post by the turkey guy »

hi guys and girls,
I don't post here much please forgive me but I figured I'd put this one up. My name is Rob and I live in Stoney Creek. I am a hunting nut and hunt many turkeys and deer. I am on pro staff with Gobbler Stalker Calls and will be at Kevin's booth again this year. This year I'm trying something new on a chance and can not say enough about it. I think it's the greatest tool in deer hunting. It's the Trophyline Tree Saddle. Put it this way - I have 30 stands and I'm done hunting stands for the rest of my life and this is not a sales pitch! We will have a saddle display at the show and a real tree for people to try it out but we are not selling the saddle or do we get any thing from the company. I was so pumped I asked if we could set them up at the show and permission was given so if you want to try the saddle or want to see something cool come by the show and give one a try!
Thanks,
Rob.
ROb pade
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Is that the harness you wear and can maneuver all around the tree? It looks like something I would enjoy.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
dw

Post by dw »

"you gotta love it"
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Looks like a great idea. The thought of being able to swing 360 around the tree appeals to me. But i gotta ask, how comfortable is it to sit in there for a couple of hours. In a regular tree stand my back starts to hurt just from leaning against the tree. It looks like the saddle would put more back pressure against the tree. That and I dont think I could resist the urge to start swinging madly and making monkey noises :lol: :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Tenn. Equinox

Tree Saddle

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

Anybody tried hunting out of a treesaddle with a crossbow. :?:
Tenn.

Equinox
Moosehead

Post by Moosehead »

Looks like that seat would be a bit of a pain in the arse after a long sit...I'll stick with my Summit Viper SS - the "lazy boy" in the sky.
:lol:
Moose
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote:Image
Ouch.
Grizz
the turkey guy

Post by the turkey guy »

Ok I will give some feed back first; the saddle is super comfortable, more so then a stand. I have summitts i have king kongs you name it i have a stand from them. No foolen I have 30 different stands. Two years ago I had really bad fall from my ATV and I can only sit 2 hour in any stand without locking up. But the saddle I can sit in for 6 hours and not move. I did 3 days a week this year from begining to the end of the season. As for shooting from it yes, like all thing it takes a bit of practice but i killed 3 nice bucks with my exomax and the saddle the strap with hold the end of bow and makes it easyer to shoot acting like a rest. as for the other sling this not the same it's way better one of my best friends had one of the other slings and hated it but he loves the saddle now. he told me not buy the saddle and then when he tryed it he said get me one right after using it onces thanks rob.
ROb pade
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

How young do you need to be to use a saddle. I've been around the
hill a couple of times.

Where is Stoney creek. I know of one not far from where I live. :)
Tenn.

Equinox
the turkey guy

Post by the turkey guy »

age wouldn't matter i'am 40 but i have never be nice to my self or my back and neck. stoney creek is here in ontario. just around hamilton are you close.
ROb pade
Tenn. Equinox

treesaddle

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

No , I am in Eastern Tennessee ,USA. But the Stoney creek I know is a
great place to hunt. Glad to meet you Turkey Guy.
I'm 58, Have no problem hunting out of treestands, but I was wondering
if the pressure on your knees was a problem with a Treesaddle.
Tenn.

Equinox
Moosehead

Post by Moosehead »

I know one of the guys from Ontario Monster Whitetail mag uses one and he swears by it. I have considered getting one - they would be a lot lighter to carry in the bush than a climber.

Are they expensive?? I dont know if you can post prices here, but you could send me a Private Message.

Thanks
Moose
the turkey guy

Post by the turkey guy »

I DON'T SELL THEM, HERE IS THE SITE http://www.trophylineusa.com/
ROb pade
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

In the mid 60's I worked for my uncle part time climbing trimming or takeing down tree's, used the hooks,saddle, ropes. You have to get up the tree to use this saddle, screw in steps i guess, Iwould put the hooks on and walk up the tree,once up you tie yourself in, with this saddle your limited to move around because your tied in, my climbing saddle is mobile Ican go up or down move around where Iwant because my climbing rope is over a limb Ialso will use the rope to come down where you have to climb down the way you went up. I'll keep my vipers

PS niether are comfortable

Wes

:) :) :) :)
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
the turkey guy

Post by the turkey guy »

no pressure on your knees, i not going to argue if it's comfortable i had seven Summits and yes there nice but try to put up in a buck bedroom just after he has gone in. i got busted a ton trying with my summits there a great stand so is lone wolf but this is a different way of hunting and i love it, if any one wants to try one come to the show of if you want to talk pm me i will give any one my number i just try to pass on something real cool. thanks rob.
ROb pade