strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bojangles

strings

Post by bojangles »

Who on here makes strings to sell?I know Boo,gads,xbowkenny...any others..just curious.is adding cat whiskers worth losing fps?i currently am using the excal. excel string but would like the best combo of quietness and speed.i have a sts so should i just get the excal ff string so i have the speed of that string and to help quiet down some,my sts??any suggestions would be apprceiated.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I suggest a Boo one with Whiskers. The speed loss is very minimal. All mine have them. They make a noticable reduction in vibration and noise.
[img][img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o85/ ... ure516.jpg[/img]
[img][img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o85/ ... ure515.jpg[/img][/img]
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
mikej

Post by mikej »

i think the whiskers are well worth while i have them on a factory fast flight and they make a huge difference in noise
Peach

Post by Peach »

I wouldn't worry about speed reduction...you shoot an excalibur...you have speed that the deer will never appreciate.
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I have a Boo string with cat whiskers and love it seem to reduce noise and I think they look cool.

Then I filled my rail with foam added a STS.
Overall quiet a bit of noise reduction.

Then I cut right down the cat whiskers and did not notice a increase in noise.
Removed the dissipating pads from the front of the bow and no increase in noise.

I think you can do different things to get some noise reduction.

Confused yet?

:lol:
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
kyteach

Post by kyteach »

One word
BOO!
Exomax
Groundpounder mount
Boo Custom String
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have a boo with whiskers and an sts system. The perfect combination in my opinion. The bow is super quiet now compared to what it was, and still plenty fast. The first time i fired my exomax i just about sh*t my pants. :shock: Stock sound was alot different than the sound a compound makes. :D Now its comparable to a compound bow(I think)
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

All that talk of quiet is interesting BUT has anyone chroned their arrow to determine HOW much slower they are with whiskers? 10,20 ,30 fps slower? More? Sound travels at 4 times the speed of an arrow. NO sting noise is beyond a deer's hearing capability. The faster the arrow gets there the less chance the deer has to react. So, just how much slower is it getting there?
(No unsubstantiated opinions, please, I'm looking for actual chron readings).
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I lost about 4 FPS with my Boo string with whiskers, according to my chrony. Minimal speed loss for a reduction in vibration.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
mikej

Post by mikej »

speed loss or not i find the whiskers make it more comfortable to shoot just my opinion
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Not to detract from the quality of Boo's admittedly excellent strings, or to deny the advantage of dampening systems, but shooting a heavy arrow will go about as far in reducing noise and vibration as some other efforts will, and will pay some dividends in terminal performance too.

Maybe shooting a heavy bow with all of these would be the ultimate combination! :D
Grizz