Has anybody shot EXCALIBUR’S ARROWS/ W/ Montec g5 broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

stacky

Has anybody shot EXCALIBUR’S ARROWS/ W/ Montec g5 broadheads

Post by stacky »

Has anybody shot EXCALIBUR’S ARROWS With Montec G5 Broadheads or any other Cut on Impact Broad Head?
Equinox
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

We used to have a member here named Saxman, he used the G5 but also mentioned he was not happy with the blood trail.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I shoot the G5, not with the new excalibur bolts but with gold tip II and
alu.2219. The fly great for my setup.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Pydpiper wrote:We used to have a member here named Saxman, he used the G5 but also mentioned he was not happy with the blood trail.
has anybody heard from sax??
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Sax is OK, he is active on another forum. It is just this forum who doesn't see him. :?:

He said he enjoyed the flight of the G5, but the blood trail was not what he had hoped. I think with all other things being equal the Slicks give the G5 a good run for the money, they fly great and nobody has anything bad to say about blood trails.
Having said that, Sax's comment was the only one I have heard about the blood trail being less than desirable with the G5.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
mikej

Post by mikej »

Pydpiper wrote:Sax is OK, he is active on another forum. It is just this forum who doesn't see him. :?:
that is good to hear that he is ok
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

BH's & blood trails, alot of it depends on where you hit the game. low heart & lungs the best blood trail. Also the angle has alot to do with it.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I've found that double-lung hits give better blood-trails, whether the hit is high or low. It seems that a good double-lung hit sprays blood until they run out of steam. Bob and others have a point about a low hole bleeding more, but I've killed most of my deer from the ground or very short blinds, and have had very good success with double-lung shots.

The broadhead hasn't made much of a difference, though I've used more Muzzy heads than any others.
Grizz
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

i use the g5 montecs and have had good results with them very good accuracy. my $0.02 worth
thanks philip
stacky

Thanks guys

Post by stacky »

I've used them with my bow but never with a cross bow. I had good luck with g5s and Muzzy phantoms 125 grain, I always had a good exit and lots of blood. I'm glad to hear that they fly well with crossbows also. I'm new to the cross bow world.
Thanks everyone.
Equinox
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I use the G5 and really like the reliable one piece design. The doe I shot this year with it only went about 30 yards with a double lung hit.
Why ride when you can walk!
w8cop

G5 Montec

Post by w8cop »

I killed a doe this fall with the G5. I spined the deer,which dopped where it was standing.I had to shoot it again thru the lungs to end it. They fly the same as my field points. I cannot comment on the blood trail. Maybe this year my shot will be a bit lower.
butch

Post by butch »

I use them and like them. I also recieved the black "training" heads as a gift but was not very happy with them. The first time I fired the training heads into my block target the heads/insert stayed buried deep inside the block. Im going to have to cut the block apart to recover them. From now on I will stick with field points.
Exocet w/ FFF string/ Aimpoint
18" Gold Tip Laser II's
and 125 grain Montec G5's
stacky

Post by stacky »

Thanks
Equinox
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I use them.. very easy to sharpen and to get very sharp..they fly great ..I have had no problems with them....they balance well..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!