Excal Compound conversion

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sits in trees

Excal Compound conversion

Post by sits in trees »

hey i was just thinking of how cool it would be if Excal came out with a riser/limb set up of compound configuration that could just be bolted right onto our existing recurve bows???

i'm sure this has been thought of before because i know i'm not that brilliant!!
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

I'm not sure if its interchangeable with any of the other bows. here is the word on it from bill t

Does Excalibur make any compound crossbows?
The answer to the question is yes, and no. Excalibur has teamed up with Bear archery to produce the best darn compound crossbow ever, it's being marketed through their channels in the US under the name" Buckmaster Max Point"and in Canada under the name "Excalibur Paradox".. Basically it's an Exomag frame that's been modified to use their compound limb set. Since they have been willing to respond to our input on designing the limbs by making the brace height minimal and didn't waste string travel by turning the cams over and dropping the draw weight at latch, it's a real cannon. The phrase "the only compound crossbow to ever make sense" comes to mind, but I may be prejudiced! I've shot the prototypes a lot and even hunted with one for December, and it's really impressive, but like all compound crossbows it's gonna be less accurate, heavier, and less reliable than our recurves(not that I've had any problems with mine). I for one won't be using one, but the " .338 Win Mag for deer" folks are gonna love it. Why did we do it? Really it's because we've come to realize that our market penetration in the US will forever be limited by the incorrect perception that compound crossbows are better, and that if 90% of the hunters are buying compounds, we can do them a favor by giving them a great option to choose. We also can help Excalibur to grow and build the high performance recurves that we believe so strongly in by our new partnership with the folks at Bear."

Team Dryfire
mikej

Post by mikej »

i have been told that the limbs and riser from a maxpoint\ paradox will fit on to any excal stock. is this true?
bj

Post by bj »

mikej wrote:i have been told that the limbs and riser from a maxpoint\ paradox will fit on to any excal stock. is this true?
pretty much, although there will be no provision for the cables...it wasn't uncommon for the reverse to happen...a recurve set of limbs and riser that were commonly interchanged on the paradox...for example, a paradox converted ended up at approx. a 185 # bow...

Wayne.........
mikej

Post by mikej »

bj wrote:
mikej wrote:i have been told that the limbs and riser from a maxpoint\ paradox will fit on to any excal stock. is this true?
pretty much, although there will be no provision for the cables...it wasn't uncommon for the reverse to happen...a recurve set of limbs and riser that were commonly interchanged on the paradox...for example, a paradox converted ended up at approx. a 185 # bow...

Wayne.........
maybe thats what i heard i just misunderstood wasn't the exomag 185 lbs to start with
Boo

Post by Boo »

bj wrote:

Wayne.........
What a waste!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bj

Post by bj »

Boo wrote:
bj wrote:

Wayne.........
What a waste!
huh ?
Boo

Post by Boo »

bj wrote:
Boo wrote:
bj wrote: pretty much, although there will be no provision for the cables...it wasn't uncommon for the reverse to happen...a recurve set of limbs and riser that were commonly interchanged on the paradox...for example, a paradox converted ended up at approx. a 185 # bow...

Wayne.........
What a waste!
huh ?
What a waste to convert a Paradox into a recurve.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

The reason I bought an Excal was no cams - less to have trouble with - along with their reputation and customer service record.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
mikej

Post by mikej »

Boo wrote:
bj wrote:
Boo wrote: What a waste!
huh ?
What a waste to convert a Paradox into a recurve.
i agree why not just buy a recurve :roll: . but i was told it could be done and was curious
terrym

Post by terrym »

A buddy of mine shoots a Paradox and its no toy but its the simplicity of the recurved excaliburs that I like. You also have to ask yourself how deep in the ground you want your arrow to dig itself after the passthru?
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i bought the a excalibur xbow because of them being a recurve, don't ruin a great product by going with training wheels, ewwwwwwww..............bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

I used to shoot compound vertical bows and the cables would stretch.
How do you keep a compound crossbow in time with the weight on
their cables. You can't just jerk the cable off and twist it without a
press. I love being able to change a string on my Excalibur,
twenty feet up in a treestand, with a flashlight in one hand and a grunt
call in the other. Best crossbow made period. :D
Tenn.

Equinox