Nicest Thing Just Happened - Thanks Foreman

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

aerostarp

Nicest Thing Just Happened - Thanks Foreman

Post by aerostarp »

Last week I read that the Pennsylvania Fish and Game Commission had approved Crossbows for use during the Archery Season for deer but that they had outlawed the use of scopes. I saw a notice that Foreman had a couple pair of original iron sights for the Excalibur crossbow and was offering to give one to anyone in Pennsylvania who did not have one. I was one of those people since I bought the crossbow used and it came with the scope but no iron sights.

I felt kind of uneasy about asking someone I had never spoken to or even seen for anything of value free but I gave it a try. Today in the mail I received the iron sights - brand new it appears and not even a request for a cent even though I made the offer.

Just want to say publically THANKS to Foreman for his generosity and willingness to help a complete stranger. If only more people were like this it would be quite a different world.

Wayne
Shakibods

That is great to hear

Post by Shakibods »

Great story and although I don't post often, there are a ton of great people here and great advice.

I too am fairly new to my Excalibur, I bought a Vortex about 1-1/2 years ago, however, I immediately put a scope on it. Because of that, I still have the iron sites for the bow (I would just have to find them in the mess that is my hunting stuff). The offer is, if there is anyone else in PA that needs them, let me know and I will send them out, no charge.
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

Hold that thought.. its going back in for another vote in april for the scope issue again... they recieved alot of flack on not allowing them
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
mikej

Post by mikej »

great story . good luck with the vote maybe you'll get to use your scope after all
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

That's the way it's done! :D

You could call it Excalidarity ... 'cause we hang together! 8)
Grizz
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

You could call it Excalidarity ... 'cause we hang together!
When facing unreasonable pressure from the Bowhunters Association I guess one could further expound on that phrase as:

"Either we hang together or we hang separately". Benjamin Franklin
Benu

Post by Benu »

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope