Anybody shooting an Equinox ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

terrym

Anybody shooting an Equinox ?

Post by terrym »

Am I crazy for even thinking about this beast? I really only hunt deer with my Phoenix but it also can be called up to active duty as a backup bow to my compound and I do hunt moose every now and then. Anybody ever take a moose with a phoenix?
mikej

Post by mikej »

with a phoenix no not yet but hopefully this fall with an exocet 165 yes
dutchhunter

the beast

Post by dutchhunter »

the phoenix will handel any north amarican animal even a moose if shot thru the ribs no crossbow will take out the leg bones of a large animal .that said i have moved up to the beast equinox and just love the speed it will be my turkey slayer as well as take active duty in the whitetail woods the speed s what it is all about for me flater shooting .i am go after a moose in the near futuer as well .my huntinh buddys have taken moose with 185lb bows 200lb bows so it is more about shot placement then raw power the lungs are pretty soft .shot what you have confadenc in DUTCH
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

If cocking a heavy bow is no problem for you, why not use one?

Just shoot heavy arrows, and you'll "tame the beast".

Your bow will shoot sweeter, be quieter, and sling a decidedly more effective arrow ... still at a speed to compare with weaker bows shooting lighter arrows.
Grizz
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Owned an Equinox for about 2 weeks. 225 lbs draw became difficult to cock repeatedly preventing more than half dozen practice shots. Shot relatively harsh. Definitely a beast. Traded for Vortex. Very satisfied. Moose, maybe but deer is my biggest game.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I have to use a crank on all of them so why not go with the gusto the system that Mathis sells calms the beast right down I wouldn't hunt with anything but an Equinox deadly accurate tremendous power and easy to maintain great trigger it don't get any better than that as far as excal comming out with a compound I can't imagine why they would even consider it
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

largest moose taken by a crossbow up to 2007 was taken by a vixen. that record may stand today.moose are taken with traditional bows, shot placement is the key.