ofah is it worth it?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bait pile willie

ofah is it worth it?

Post by bait pile willie »

every time you turn around the ofah wants money.I am amember onlybecause of the liabity insurance but do they have loopholes so that they dont have to pay .They dont do a background check on you. they take credit for every improvement the ministry implements.Maybe its like the Norh American hunting club where only the staff profits.
mikej

Post by mikej »

i was a member of the north american hunting club and found it to be a big gimmick i didn't benefit in any way from it at all
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

OFAH is a great organization , i have been donating $10 a month for many years now, also Bill & Cathy / Excalibur has donated $25,000 each year for a few years now. I think every hunter that is a member in ontario profits from OFAH. Read there web site in detail .
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
Metropolis

Post by Metropolis »

Join the CSSA, $45 a year your insured and you help preserve our firearms rights
http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/weblinks.html
bails111

Post by bails111 »

I for one think they are worth the money. They' re the only organization
that I know about that advocates for hunters and anglers to the government on all sorts of issues from cormorants to moose tags. Runs
all kinds of programs like WOW and youth events to get more people involved in hunting. Check it out online and go to a zone meeting in your area. The CSSA is o.k. but don't advocate for hunters specifically. Not that they don't have their place. (p.s. I'm a member of the CSSA as well as the OFAH)
Play Safe
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I back OFAH - they do a lot, they get out there and petition for change, they have a great magazine, they some great programs. No complaints here.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
subneural

Post by subneural »

I'm with Vix. I'm a sustaining member as I believe they are the loudest voice on my behalf for mainting mine (our) right to hunt and fish.
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
Moosehead

OFAH

Post by Moosehead »

I have to agree - OFAH is a good voice for hunters.

Do you know that the PRIME MINISTER is supposed to be coming to their annual meeting this spring?? Let me tell you, it takes some serious political clout to do that!!! They are a relentless group in defending hunting and firearms rights in Ontario. I like the OOD magazine too.

Moose
huntman

Post by huntman »

If your not a member of OFHA then you cannot hunt some crown land bushes! They also give you insurance which i think is pricless for hutners. Anything can happen at anytime no matter how safe you are!
mikej

Post by mikej »

thats for all the info guys i have checked out their site and will be joining plus it is based in peterbrough so i won't have far to go to meetings if necessary. they seem to do a lot more than the hunting club
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Been a member since '79. They also are responsible for implementing the Family Fishing Weekend, Invasive Species Program, Report a Poacher. If the MNR can't do it because of cut-backs, who will? The Outdoors Group has to step up to the plate and help out and that's what they do. :D :D :D
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
roly

Post by roly »

Huntman ;
can you explain more about not being able tohunt crown land ,because I'm not a member. :?:
JRS

Post by JRS »

I believe that in Simcoe County there are some public lands that don't allow hunting unless you belong to the OFAH. I think this is because of the liability insurance provided.

Just a note about the individual liability insurance. This is secondary insurance, meaning it only kicks in after any primary insurance coverage an individual has (usually homeowners insurance) is exhausted.

I belong to the OFAH because they are the largest pro hunting voice in the province. I also belong to Canadian Shooting Sports Assoc. (CSSA) and the National Firearms Assoc. (NFA). Both of these organizations are geared towards firearms ownership and firearms laws. I believe each of these organizations has their own merits, and if an individual only has the resources to belong to one, they need to decide which organization best represents their main concern.
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

I have a good friend who was a ofah member for a very long time.His uncle was also a member and suffered a fall from a treestand.His uncle was left paralized and the ofah insurance policy only would payout for a loos of limbs.They are a great organization but i ask you dont you think a hunting organizations insurance policy should cover the most likely accident to happen to a deer hunter.For those of you who do have insurance with the ofah you might want to see if they have changed this.
My friend will no longer support the ofah because of this.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) As stated many ways before this post OFAH does do a job representing us . As for the insurance it will probably always be lacking because it is an insurance company looking to make profits for its shareholders . The company will try every means possible to weasel out of having to pay .Just ask RJ. :shock: :?