who eats deer meat??????????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I'm eating it all the time but not for much longer :cry: . With the two deer that I got this year I am down to my last couple of packs. My girls love it too. Come on deer season!
Why ride when you can walk!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bob1961 wrote: ... the back straps are my favorite part of the deer ... never tuff the way i age and cook'um ...
Never, huh? :shock:

Well, I agree that backstraps aren't usually tough ... but I killed one grizzled old veteran of a buck whose backstraps after butchering were still so contrary you could have saddled 'em up and rode to town on 'em. :!:

They were just as hard after thawing as they had been while frozen.

I do not exaggerate when I say that it wouldn't have mattered what I did to those two pieces of elephant hide, they were tough with a capital T!

Tough, tough, TOUGH ... I can't believe that any amount of aging, tenderizing, marinating, slow-cooking, or black magic would have made those rubbery retreads tender!

To this day, it makes my molars hurt to remember them.

Believe me, Bob, I gave 'er the old college try. My efforts were valiant and unceasing. I suffered on manfully, in spite of discouragement.

All for naught.

Those "tenderloins" (and trust me when I say that it is a stretch to so describe them) remained crunchy and rank, no matter what I did with 'em ... and it wasn't from a lack of familiarity with the game. I had killed, butchered and cooked well over a hundred deer before I tangled with this cantankerous old cuss of a buck.

So, I guess I'll never be able to say never! :P :lol: :cry:

What's your secret? :?:
Grizz
rutman

Eww!

Post by rutman »

Don't eat that venison crap it's aweful. Your parents just convinced you that it was palatable over the years. Theres plenty of great food at the grocery store so go get it :wink: . Stand away from the venison!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
So, I guess I'll never be able to say never! :P :lol: :cry:

What's your secret? :?:
i don't shoot old tuff eating bucks :roll: :wink: ....have ya tried antler soup, it's worse then those straps ya talked bout :lol: ............bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote: Many dyed-in-the-wool meat hunters want the little ones for their freezers ...
Like this one? 8)

Grizz
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

those little 3/4 year ols are hard to beat when it's time to eat.
that cube steaking machine will help some older bucks and does but i have had a couple of 8 pointers that were only good for knife handles!
thanks philip
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote: Is that a M77 aught 6?
Yep. We go back to 1990. Lovingly called Ol' Death Wind! :P :wink:

The ol' girl has piled up a stack of deer, now!

Been a few times over the years, though, truth to tell, when wind was all they felt, too! :shock: :P :lol: :wink:
Grizz
wabi

Post by wabi »

Those little ones are in a lot more trouble here in Ohio since they increased the number of "antlerless only" tags for the archery season. Only costs $15. to tag one now, and they have a lot of advantages. Good eating and easy to drag (or carry :wink: ) out.
wabi
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

man that looks good, and that kitty is huge!!!
mikej

Post by mikej »

if i get an old tough buck most of it usually goes to sausage or pepperettes
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Dam, that all looks so fine.... I had take some venison sausage out of the freezer..... I'll cook them up tonight ..... ;o) yummy!!!
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Apple_Orchard

Post by Apple_Orchard »

"who eats deer meat??????????"

Come on wabi (Mike)! If there's anyone on this site who DOSEN'T eat venison but kills deer none the less,...please stand up and take your verbal beating. :P :roll: :shock:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Apple_Orchard wrote:"who eats deer meat??????????"

Come on wabi (Mike)! If there's anyone on this site who DOSEN'T eat venison but kills deer none the less,...please stand up and take your verbal beating. :P :roll: :shock:

Uh, that would be me.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Go ahead Apple O...
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Apple_Orchard

Post by Apple_Orchard »

Mike P wrote:
Apple_Orchard wrote:"who eats deer meat??????????"

Uh, that would be me.
Well Mike P,..I'm deeply saddened for you. I find trophy hunters of your ilk to be exceedingly shirking in their actions.
Even though I'm sure you probably donate all the meat to the needy, think about taking responsibility for one's hungry place in the natural world and reconnect.
Being in the woods hunting every fall is as spiritual and connecting a pastime as you will ever find, and Venison is one of the finest sources of organic, unadultrated, lean protiens we can put on our family's plates.
Get in touch with our Primordial past.