The Sales Pitch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

Post by mikej »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
mikej wrote:i wasn't calling you old grizz ( or anyone else for that matter) just simply stating that i am probably one of the younger members here ( with the exception of droptine and possibily tye)
Just joshin' with ya, Mike! :D

We're all young at heart here (at least most of us are). :P
i know grizz its all in good fun, you have a good sense of humor ( for an old guy) :lol: :lol:
saxman

Post by saxman »

Great thread Mike.
My father and other family members started that tradition in me long ago.
I donated all but 1 deer last season,most to a family just down the road.
She makes minimum wage and he injured himself so they loved the meat,It feels good on my end also.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
mikej

Post by mikej »

great to see you back sax. how are you ?
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

mikej wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote:
mikej wrote:i wasn't calling you old grizz ( or anyone else for that matter) just simply stating that i am probably one of the younger members here ( with the exception of droptine and possibily tye)
Just joshin' with ya, Mike! :D

We're all young at heart here (at least most of us are). :P
i know grizz its all in good fun, you have a good sense of humor ( for an old guy) :lol: :lol:
:shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Grizz
maple

Post by maple »

Thanks for the reminder Mike.

It's so easy to overlook the needs of others with all the problems WE think WE have.

Maple
bucont

Post by bucont »

Mike ... I can appreciate your donations. My wife and I volunteer our time to coach youth basketball. It is very tough to see a youth come in that cannot afford to play. Fortunately we have a program in place to allow them to participate as well. Keep up the good work, we all must all find ways to support our communities in these tough times. The YMCA, meal programs and homes are always looking for help or donations as you do.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
Boo

Post by Boo »

saxman wrote:Great thread Mike.
My father and other family members started that tradition in me long ago.
I donated all but 1 deer last season,most to a family just down the road.
She makes minimum wage and he injured himself so they loved the meat,It feels good on my end also.
Scott, it is great to see you post again!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

:D welcome back to "THE SAXMAN"!!!! :D
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

one shot scott wrote::D welcome back to "THE SAXMAN"!!!! :D
YAY!!!!! Image
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Kelley

Re: The Sales Pitch

Post by Kelley »

Mike P wrote:The Sales Pitch

rutman wrote:Don't eat that venison crap it's aweful. Your parents just convinced you that it was palatable over the years. Theres plenty of great food at the grocery store so go get it

Wow, the above quote was said tongue in cheek.

I actually subscribe to it.

I have consumed more venison in my life then I care to remember. I know saying I no longer eat it is heresy to many here as they know I trophy hunt. So before the PM's start filling up my mailbox let it be known that every deer I kill is processed (by my wife and I, been doing it all my life) and supplied to a battered women's shelter.

Our farm and the adjoining farms we partner with also supply excess doe's killed to this shelter so the women and children living there have protein in their diet. My wife and my buddy Becker's wife do all the organizational work.

I am telling you this not so you think I am a charitable guy. I am telling you this to see if I can get you involved.

I have mentioned here many times that my life revolves around children. As a grandfather of five, this is how it should be. Other grandparents reading this on the forum understand this more then all you younger guys and gals. Trust us; having grandchildren is your reward for having children.

My grandchildren are most fortunate. They want for nothing. Unfortunately, there are many children who will never be able to say the same. They are in desperate need. And they do not live in some far flung corner of the world in some cardboard shanty; they live in your backyard. They live in shelters. They are there due to some cruel twist of fate that they are neither responsible for or understand. They just know they are there. And their numbers are growing!

Save for someone very old reading this forum, the hardships on children in your backyard has never been greater during your entire life. I do not care where you live in North America, the statement holds true. People, the kids are suffering. And we should all do something as basic as supplying them the most essential need of life. We should ensure that they have something to eat.

I only challenge you who read this "sales pitch" to do one thing. And it is a simple thing. Take one hour out of your life and actually go to a shelter. I don't care what kind. There are many to go around, far too many. Take one little hour out of the 8760 hours you have in one year and go visit one. And when, not if, you do, just look at the children. If you do this I will have hooked ya! You will no longer ever be the same.

I find it wonderful to see all the delicious plates of food shown on the thread that wabi started called "who eats deer meat??????????" As I was looking at those wonderfully prepared dishes I was thinking how much one of the shelter kids would love to have that feast if just for one day.

Most of you eat venison because you want to. You like it. It also stretches the food budget during these harsh economic times. The vast majority of you do not eat venison because you have to. You are not eating it because you need to survive. There are, however, children who do need to eat it to survive. And I am asking you to share it.

Don't rush out and take a venison pot roast to the nearest shelter in your backyard. Just take that hour I ask and have a look. If you do you will see the children. And then go home and think about it. I know if you do this you will share some of your harvest with those kids. I know this because the people who are members of this forum are really good people.

And who knows, when you plan your season for the fall you just might make plans to include a doe for some hungry kids.

And for what it's worth, the greatest trophy whitetail ever taken is the one that feeds a hungry child!
A worthly cause Mike. We donate to a shelter every year.

No Grizz it wasn't you. Mike put the crosshairs on me.
23,875 days and counting.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Grizzly Adam

Re: The Sales Pitch

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Kelley wrote: 23,875 days and counting.
I know a guy who can claim 37,960 ... Mr. Henry Bryant. He still gets around fine, and drives every day. :shock:

I hope I live to be 104! 8)
Grizz
cabinfever

Post by cabinfever »

Great post I will try to do my part this season. This would be a great tradition to pass on to my kids.
exocet 200
grounponder
lumizone
mathews switchback
high country extreme