screen names and their faces

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Skarek

Post by Skarek »

Let's post a picture of me again...

Here you have me, my Phoenix and the first 3 arrows I shot with it (without even sighting in the scope)... How can you not like Xcal...
(And to make the picture modding alot harder the picture has alow of strange shadows). :wink:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Skarek wrote: (And to make the picture modding alot harder the picture has alow of strange shadows). :wink:
Why Skarek, I am deeply hurt! Was that for my benefit? :wink: :wink: :wink:

But gee, I do love a challenge!!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Mike P wrote:Image
That didn't take long :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
mikej

Post by mikej »

took the word's right out of my mouth bigsy. that is the first thing i thought when i looked at it. we may not have seen the end of this picture modding yet either :lol:
maple

Post by maple »

There aren't many pics with me in 'em, but here's one.

I'm the one on the left.

Maple
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

We just may have seen the end mike.

I shouldn't be taking the time away from what I am writing but I have "writers block" right now and it is a diversion for me to mess with the photos.

The piece I am writing has a submission deadline of tomorrow at close of business and I better come up with something quick or there is going to be one very upset editor.

Oh and Piper, that is one great looking family!!

Here is one for your son.

Last edited by Mike P on Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikej

Post by mikej »

good luck mike
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

He loved it mike, that grin of his is because he was just learning how to use the timer function on the camera, he took that photo.
Thanks for the smile, his too. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

Mike P wrote:Image
Hehe, I knew what would happen when I posted that last note... Too bad I don't have that hair...Good one... :lol: :lol:
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Mike P wrote:
Aaron, She is Just Precious!! And you certainly married above your station. Forget kenton and bring your beautiful wife to the expo!
Thanks Mike I wish I could take full credit for her, but shes not biologically mine. The "wife" and the deer and turkey expo are NOT ment to be. She has to much planning for becoming the "wife" in June. So Kentons ugly mug will have to do! :lol:
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

id post my mug..but i forget what i look like :shock:
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

Mike,

Tell the swede thanks.

My wife is actually sitting down but is only 5'5" & I am 6' so there is a difference even when she is standing :P

But after putting up with me for over 24 years with all my obsessions for the outdoors & hunting she is a keeper (she was 150% a city girl when I met her, lived by the Toronto airport all her life & never was even in the same house as a gun to her knowledge :shock: )

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Hey Mike P! If I apologize for my scoring methods will you tell us what that beast scored?
"Eze 18:21"
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

awshucks wrote:Hey Mike P! If I apologize for my scoring methods will you tell us what that beast scored?
I thought everyone just might over score that buck. The buck's net score is 160 and some change scored by me and 161 and some fractions scored at the Ohio Deer & Turkey Expo by another scorer but it still couldn't hit 162. Tine length is what managed to push it to 160

It just goes to show how big a buck you need to get into the rare altitude of the 160's. It is such a daunting task.

I am pretty sure the palmated buck is going to blow by this one based on the green scoring I have done, but it is a weird rack and there are a lot of ways open to interpretation regarding how to measure it. I am going to get some other scorers views on this before submitting for an official score.

I green scored a left shed out at the farm over the weekend at 86 and we know the deer that cast it. My buddy Shrader and I are already arm wrestling over who gets to go after him this fall.