Hard decision!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I go absolutely crazy for crawfish.

My taste for this food goes back to my days in the early 80's doing some consultant work for the Times Picayune newspaper in New Orleans.

I would have crawfish or BBQ hot shrimp every evening for dinner. I just couldn't get enough of them.

There are foods I crave from all over the world (no comments about the waist line needed here) that I have found.

Crawfish rate right up there in the top ten.

Everyone should experience this taste treat once in your life!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The wife makes this up a few times a year, with the craw fish she throws in shrimp, corn on the cob broken in half, sausage and little round potatoes. It is a lot of food, and the whole family sticks around through the entire meal. :D
Seeing that photo just means we are going to be doing it again all that much sooner.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
cdup

Post by cdup »

Pydpiper wrote:The wife makes this up a few times a year, with the craw fish she throws in shrimp, corn on the cob broken in half, sausage and little round potatoes. It is a lot of food, and the whole family sticks around through the entire meal. :D
Seeing that photo just means we are going to be doing it again all that much sooner.
I use the deer sausage in our boils, we also add what you listed including onions cut in half, heads of broccoli or cauliflower wrapped up in alum.foil, mushrooms and many other veggies.
Respect everyone, but fear no one
saxman

Post by saxman »

Mud Bug's MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
I'm a head sucker,no pun intended
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I like crayfish too (we called 'em crawdads when I was growing up, too, Bob! 8)) ... but they're not usually thought of as a local delicacy here in East NC.

We've got a huge commercial fishing industry here, and are most famous for blue crabs. All the local shrimp and oysters you'd care to eat, virtually anything from freshwater, sounds and ocean ... but what crayfish we see are farm-raised elsewhere.

They're good stuff, though!
Grizz
catcher

Post by catcher »

Man I would love to be there right now. I have not had crawfish in about ten years now. SOOOOO GOOOD. :D
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

Haven't been able to shake that picture of all of those crawdads. Then recipes for a boil. All in favor of CDUP hosting the first annual Excalibur Crawfish Boil say aye!
Camper

Post by Camper »

Murderer!!! :lol:
Time and Patience the best advice my Grandfather gave me.

Camper