anyone tried out the crimson talon hyper speeds?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ch312

anyone tried out the crimson talon hyper speeds?

Post by ch312 »

picked up the last 4 pack of the crimson talon hyper speed xt's at bass pro yesterday and they look pretty good. one thing i did notice though is that the blades dont seem very sharp, but they are quite thick which is good.

what type of sharpener would be best for these curved blades?

my dad shot a doe last year with the normal crimson talons and she bled out in 30 yards in a cut corn field. so much blood it was ridiculous...

any accuracy reports?

http://www.spintite.com/hyperspeed.html
Normous

Post by Normous »

Not legal in Ontario.
MNR states:
There must be at least two cutting edges of straight, sharp, unserrated, barbless steel.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
ch312

Post by ch312 »

well aint that a dilly of a pickle :D
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i know a few that use and like them, but I just dont like removing them from a target. Espically a block type style. That twist in the blades is hell on removal from what ive seen.

ive always said, any bhead will do the job... its a matter of shot placement and what style you like. Ive shot everything from muzzy to rage... all killed the deer as they were supposed to. Just some flew about 2inches better group wise than others which isnt a HUGE difference if you make a good shot behind the shoulder
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

ch312 wrote:well aint that a dilly of a pickle :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They added the bleeder blades to adhear to that straight edge part of the law. I think it was Pydpiper that checked and was told they were OK.

Let us know what you think after shooting them. I'm with Crazy Farmer . . .I was going to try them until I heard about how hard they were to remove from a target.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

sumner4991 wrote:

They added the bleeder blades to adhear to that straight edge part of the law. I think it was Pydpiper that checked and was told they were OK.
It was me, I was going over the email from the MNR this morning when this post surfaced. I posted the results on the internet so I just assumed everyone knew. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Pydpiper wrote:
sumner4991 wrote:

It was me, I was going over the email from the MNR this morning when this post surfaced. I posted the results on the internet so I just assumed everyone knew. :D
lol...yer such a tit :D

i wish i woulda took some pics of the blood trail the doe left. imagine a blood soaked rag being swung around like a windmill with blood going everywhere :wink:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

ch312 wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:
sumner4991 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol...yer such a tit :D

i wish i woulda took some pics of the blood trail the doe left. imagine a blood soaked rag being swung around like a windmill with blood going everywhere :wink:
I was hoping you would catch that. :D
I didn't find them to fly all that well, I tried every degree of fletching as well as size, I just simply didn't have any luck getting them to group.
I think I was getting about 3" groups at 30 yards, and at that time of my testing it wasn't acceptable. It would have made a deer dead without doubt, they tore my broadhead target to rat crap, it made similar holes as a drill bit.
I tried all their heads, they were all the same, even the Hyper speed.
They are very legal though.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
Stash

Post by Stash »

You might have an issue if you're using production Excalibur arrows. These are fletched with a LH helical, and the Crimson Talons have a RH twist to them. Kind of fight each other.
jaybird

Crimson Talon Hyperspeed

Post by jaybird »

I've been using them for the last two seasons and they are very accurate with my Exomax. I do not use the broadhead for target practice as you have found removal would be difficult. You need to get a pack of Crimson Talon practice points which fly just like the broadhead and are easily removed from targets. I've taken 3 deer with them and none of the deer have gone more than 10 yards. As far as sharpening I just buy the replacement blades. Crimson Talon Hyperspeeds are only broadhead I will use. :D
charlie4

Post by charlie4 »

Harvested 3 deer with them. Unbelievable blood trails. Found them not to be as accurate as the wasps so I've switched back to the wasp's. Like the accuracy of the wasps.
mikej

Post by mikej »

so are they legal in ontario or not?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

mikej wrote:so are they legal in ontario or not?
Yes, they are legal. :D
WMU 91
Boo string
mikej

Post by mikej »

thanks
dutchhunter

talon

Post by dutchhunter »

i have a few packs of brand new ones i will sell cheap DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver