2nd coat on the Vixen ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Pydpiper wrote:Cedar, perfect!
I bet my wife could whip up a real nice white camo scope cover for that beast! Looks like a fun project, that is for sure.
R.J that looks GREAT and pydpipers wife is great on the sewing machine!! And pydpiper you didnt say anything about a scope cover i got the quiver cover which is GREAT you holding out on me!! :lol:
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks all ... Yep , I may leave it as is for now and add the flat blach later when it needs touch up ..

Thanks for the scope cover offer Pyd , I appreciate it , but I figure I'm going to do this one with a camo painted scope and all ... Going to finally put one of the two groundpounder mounts I bought awhile back on it as well ... will add winter camo paint job to it as well ...

Add a cedar snow patterned quiver and arrows with the white wraps and the whole package should look real cool !

Will post pics when it is all done ...
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
roly

Post by roly »

Mr. RJ ; Is that just regular pray paint

and do you seal it afterwards
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Man does that ever look good!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job!!!!!!!!
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
greener

Snow Camo

Post by greener »

I've used clippings from my neighbours cedar hedge along with Krylon spray paint to Camo-up several old single shot shotguns. They look fantastic when done. I like to peel away some of the cedar loobs to open up the pattern. The 3-D effect using just two colours is amazing. Make sure all parts to be painted are well cleaned
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Just regular tremclad and no seal ...

Nice thing about it is you can do a quick 5 min touch it up each season if it wears ...
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "