Big Bucks + Big ($) Bucks = Corruption

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Big Bucks + Big ($) Bucks = Corruption

Post by Mike P »

Haven't been around here as of late, the Swede and I both have the flu.:cry: At the bottom of this post I will have a link. I think you will be amazed at what you read if you follow it.

I know that many of you feel that I along with FredBear and Kenton are somewhat "over the top" regarding the way we guard information pertaining to our trail cam pictures and other information about the bucks we hunt. The story in the Cincinnati Enquirer this morning just may open your eyes.

This is what happens when "book bucks" become the norm in an area. This is just not individual poachers anymore, this is large outfitters chasing the almighty dollar associated with these bucks. And people from out of state are flocking here to harvest these bucks.

Adams county is the county where our farm is located and also the county where wabi lives and hunts.

I may have to reevaluate what information I give out when I talk about my hunts.

I think you will find this article in todays newspaper enlightening.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009 ... /1055/NEWS

And here is a link to their website. Pro staff members from Grim Reaper Broadheads, yeah, bet that company will be real proud of these guys. What bothers me even more is the Team Backwoods Logo plastered all over their site as well. I do not think Excalibur via their association with Team Backwoods will be very happy about this either!

http://www.lethalimpactoutfitters.com/
sleddog2

Post by sleddog2 »

Anything to make a BUCK (haha). I hope they throw the book at these Guys & then some.
I feel sorry for the hunters who have possibly paid money up front to this so called Guiding service.

Makes me SOOOO angry when I read articles like this.

Sleddog
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Welcome to my world, it's poachers and dog hunter clubs who have more rights than the land owners the excuse is the dogs can't read :x

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I would be willing to bet this is just one of manycases like this . Book bucks are so sought after, along with the fact most people want everything the easy way. It leads to people taking advantage of land owners and other hunters. It's unfortunate that this happens, but it does. I don't see it coming to a end until we can convince the youth that the easy way usually isn't the right way.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

If you have enough money you can buy anything!! This just goes to prove it, ohio needs to make them get permits and license to have a outfitters service maybe (HOPEFULLY) the odnr will hear and read about this and do something about it.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

Agreed and in my mind these guys are poachers too! Maybe even worse cause they've made a living of it. Who hasn't heard of Adams County, the Schmucker Buck or the Golden Triangle. In some ways, I think we create this element ourselves. A 200 inch whitetail is awesome and rare, imagine what all these "professionals" have to do to keep up with our appetite. I say that, not to defend them because I agree that they need to make a huge example of these guys to show the rest of the world that it isn't worth it. Additionally, now a whole bunch more people that were sitting on the fence have determined that "hunters" are a bad group of people, taking advantage of old people and the like. I can't imagine the spiral that will occur because of this. That women will make extra effort to make sure nobody gets on her ground again. She will dislike hunters. Maybe, she'll figure out that she can lease the ground for more than she makes for farming or renting it out for farming. Pretty soon, you'll have to own it or pay for it in Adams County. Ultimately, our sport suffers more!
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

WOW very eye opening hope the law throws the book at that nervy SOB!!
The best things in life are not things!!
Normous

Post by Normous »

We are wishing you two a speedy recovery to normal good health soon.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
cdup

Post by cdup »

Mike p. wrote:And here is a link to their website. Pro staff members from Grim Reaper Broadheads, yeah, bet that company will be real proud of these guys. What bothers me even more is the Team Backwoods Logo plastered all over their site as well. I do not think Excalibur via their association with Team Backwoods will be very happy about this either!

I also see that North Carolina BowHunters Assoc. has their logo on the site!( same bunch from the thread against crossbows???)
Respect everyone, but fear no one
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Its no better around here Mike. Getting worse as time goes on.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I bet that happens quite alot, espically in the big buck states. Land boundaries mean nothing anymore. I think she's entitled to some money that the guy made off her land, but the court will take care of that.

Wes, its not all dog hunters now;) Dogs cant read, if they could I want to see one :P Our biggest issue is still hunters coming in and renting 2k acres of double what we paid. Then they call the wardens anytime a dog gets on there land. Most dog hunters I know dont take enjoyment out of sitting outside of posted land waiting for hours for their dogs to come out or being bashed my those that rented the land saying they are trying to kill their deer. Personally, that enjoyment does that give :?:

Dog huntings a big issue here. Its some on both sides that give it a bad name. The biggest issue is no country folk moving here, buying 1acre blocks of land, posting it, and then complain that a dog ran across their land. Its the country. Thats why we live here.

the biggest issues are that still hunters get mad cause they think the dog guys are cheating and killing their deer. The dog hunters are mad because they hate the still hunters killing their deer. The compound longbow guys are mad because they think the xbow is just a easier way of someone NEW to hunting killing their deer. The ML'er guys are made because the bow guys kill their deer before them. The common word in all of this is "their deer". I didnt know people owned deer. Deer are here for everyone.

ok im off topic now :P

but back to the tresspassing... nothing eats me up more than when i get written permission and then someone just driving down the road, pulls off into a field and shoots a deer. Posted signs are everywhere now. 10 years ago you hardly saw one but everyone respected everyone's land and rights also
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Get better soon, Mike ... and tell The Swede we said the same! :D

I intensely dislike poaching, and am entirely on the side of enforcement officials who fight against it in all it's forms.
Grizz
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

CF
What makes me mad is hunt club with dogs lease ten acres of land that they can man drive instead they put 20dogs on it and hunt 1500 acres free of charge thats the damn hunt clubs here then they walk in no permission nessessary claiming looking for dogs but really doing a mandrive and looking for your stands so they can come back and steal later you call this fare I don't think so

WES
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I hope you two are feeling well soon Mike.
Besides, my daughter has a Hannah Montana request for your photoshop skills.. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:shock: Poaching for profit is just WRONG . :shock:
Get better Mike and Swede :)