NC Bowhunters Assoc stand against crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

NC Bowhunters Assoc stand against crossbows

Post by raydaughety »

Even though the NC Wildlife Resource Commission has adopted a new law that legalized the use of crossbows anytime that archery season is in, the NCBA has taken a pretty extreme stand against their use:

"Quote":
The N.C.B.A. will not permit its members to use this type of weapon (Crossbows or “Draw-Lock” devices), to hunt legal game, unless the member is legitimately physically disabled.
Members may not endorse such a weapon under any circumstances. If a member is caught using or endorsing such a weapon in violation of this article, he/she will be subject to immediate dismissal from N.C.B.A. membership. "Quote"

Here's a link to their website and views on crossbows:

http://www.ncbowhunter.com/CROSSBOW%20F ... ICTION.htm

I'm proud to be a "Tarheel" but am ashamed of the actions and statements of this organization :evil:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

What I find even more appalling is that this associations logo is prominently displayed at the Lethal Impact Outfitters web site. And NCBA has the audacity to offer a poachers reward program at their site while they allow said logo to be displayed at a website run by a bunch of poachers.

Kind of speaks volumes regarding this organization!
Last edited by Mike P on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

The Michigan Bow Hunters Association was not as extreme but mobilized their forces to stop the passage of Michigan's newest crossbow legislation. It appears that all of these organizations have become so narrowly focused that they miss some of the more rewarding reasons for this. Yesterday, I assembled my first bow, made my arrows, and shot it for the first time. During that whole event, my family was in and out participating with me the whole day. My eldest daughter and wife are really excited as both have wanted to bow hunt in the "nice" season but neither could draw on a deer without being caught, and that was with minimal poundage. Both had stopped! Both said that they would hunt that season again as a result of experiencing the crossbow. I personally am elated that the legislation has changed and embrace all that want to join or re-join our ranks. Imagine how many older sportsman and women have left bowhunting because of physical limitations that can now be overcome. There is plenty of pressure from outsiders to take this away, we need more initiatives to increase our numbers, not civil wars to make the anti's job any easier!
Just my .02 :cry:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Residents should write this organization telling them what hypocrites they are for their stance and mention that they allow their logo to be prominatly displayed at a website run by poachers!
Last edited by Mike P on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
lscha

Post by lscha »

I was really disheartened by the mean-spirited animosity expressed by "bow hunters" on the Michigan Sportsmans Crossbow forum. Embarrassed at the selfishness of posters whining about 'sharing' the woods with the likes of crossbow hunters. (most of which were,(are) vertical hunters). I'll never go back.

Makes us Michiganders look bad. We're not all like that. :(
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

Ischa,

After 10 minutes of reading over there I see what you mean. Someone wants to meet in Lansing in April to unite crossbow hunters and immediately the bickering starts. It is shameful! It is no wonder why it feels that we are fighting an uphill battle.

I have four daughters and a wife that all participate in this way of life in some way or another. It's great to see another women deeply involved in this "thing of ours"!!!! Good luck in your Michigan crossbow adventure!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Mike P wrote:Residents should write this organization telling them what hypocrites they are for their stance and mention that they allow their logo to be prominatly displayed at a website run by poachers!
Mike, I just sent the article regarding the poaching in Ohio to the President and their forum. I also reminded them that their logo was posted on the poacher's website. I also posted this on a NC hunting forum.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Never have been a member of the NCBA.

Am not a member of the NCBA.

Never will be a member of the NCBA.

Too many elitist snobs. I'm not a bit surprised at this.

Who cares what they think?

Crossbows are here to stay!

At least we can live and let live, huh, Ray? 8) :D
Grizz
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

NCBA??

What happened to free speech in NC?

Don't worry boys.. the NCBA is going by way of the dinosauers.

Adapt or die....
Last edited by Woody Williams on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

bstout wrote:They're just good ole boys who don't know any better! :D
If these clubs only had half a brain they would look to crossbowers with open arms. Some day the crossbower numbers will equal or surpass the vertical bowhunters and the shoe will be on the other foot.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Arkbow

THEY WILL SEE

Post by Arkbow »

That no matter what they or any other "club" tries to do crossbows are here to stay..... :mrgreen:
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
mikej

Post by mikej »

what a joke this organization is. i would love to see the look on thier faces if a new world record were to be taken with a crossbow that would be great. :lol: :lol: . does pope and young seriously not recognise crossbow kills
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

I also have seen this on NCBA's website and talked to them at our local Dixie Deer Classic expo. They were very offended i even brought up the subject and looked at me like i had talked bad about their momma's. They proceeded to attack me verbally and said they couldn't believe anyone in NC would support such a thing. I told them I couldn't believe they weren't supporting crossbows. It ended kind of loud with words and i walked off with a smile and said as i was leaving " I guess the majority of people have spoken and it has been legalized so no one else cares what you elitist A holes think". I about had one guy come from around the booth but for his own good he declined!
They have really been kissing up to NCWRC thought here lately with a new deer registry for their members. Where if other people want deer meat they can register with them and NCBA will make it available to them. They just like this because they can kill unlimited deer and don't have to mess with them! I understand some will probably and hopefully go to hungry people but I don't like things clouded by some peoples laziness or wanton waste. I clean all the deer i kill and don't waste any deer. I wish i could say the same for a lot of NC hunters especially with these new laws recently past. I am getting long winded and i will stop here i just get frustrated with ignorant people thinking they are better than everyone else. Just venting.
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!