Trigger?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

todd

Trigger?

Post by todd »

My trigger has a lot of creep in it. Is this normal? Can it be adjusted?
mikej

Post by mikej »

what do you mean by creep
Boo

Post by Boo »

A bit of trigger travel is normal for the bow and the grittiness will smoothen out with some shooting.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

The only creep near my trigger was some boy my daughter brought over to the house. No shot was needed to get rid of him. :twisted:
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
todd

Post by todd »

Thanks for the info. That is too bad you can't get the slack out of it. It has gotten smoother, but still has all the creep trying to get up to the break. For short range hunting shots it is probably not a big deal, but it is kind of hard to get used to it for longer range off hand shooting when everything I have has an upgraded or reworked trigger. Even my bow release is light and smooth. Every time I pick it up I have to get used to it again.
cdup

Post by cdup »

Canabow wrote:The only creep near my trigger was some boy my daughter brought over to the house. No shot was needed to get rid of him. :twisted:
:lol: I'm not looking forward to the day my daugther brings one home!
Respect everyone, but fear no one
Boo

Post by Boo »

When I looked at the individual trigger assembly parts at the factory it is evident that the parts/sear surfaces are not polished, nice surfaces considering but not polished and just like a good revolver usage will bring improvment.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Boo wrote:... usage will bring improvment.
Yep ... and I kind of treat mine like a "two-stage" trigger anyhow. I take up the creep and then touch off. Nothing to it, once you're used to it! :D
Grizz
Normous

Post by Normous »

mikej wrote:what do you mean by creep
Just look in the mirror :lol: :lol: :lol:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
mikej

Post by mikej »

enormous wrote:
mikej wrote:what do you mean by creep
Just look in the mirror :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :twisted: :lol: ok ya got me i set myself up for that one :o .
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

The triggers on the bows is still better than most of the stock triggers on the guns now . :shock: With the threat of law suits they have made some of the triggers hard enough that it takes a mule team to move it .Leaving you with having to get an aftermarket trigger group .
As stated before a gun is holding next to nothing for weight ,same goes for a compound .That is why some of the crossbow manufactures went to a compound design in the first place so they could go cheaper on the trigger .
I admit it is hard to go from a good jewell trigger at 2 ounces to the bow but you learn to adjust .
BUS314

aaaaaaaaaaa

Post by BUS314 »

Canabow wrote:The only creep near my trigger was some boy my daughter brought over to the house. No shot was needed to get rid of him. :twisted:

Now That's FUNNY right there!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Doe Master wrote: I admit it is hard to go from a good jewell trigger at 2 ounces to the bow but you learn to adjust .
Got to love those Jewell triggers. I have had two on my varmint guns.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
michiganman

tree

Post by michiganman »

Canabow wrote:
The only creep near my trigger was some boy my daughter brought over to the house. No shot was needed to get rid of him.

i showed my daughters boyfriend the tree in the back yard were i hang my deer.On the first date,i told him if he behaved anything but a gentleman,id hang him in that tree.no problems with him from that point on.
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

todd wrote:Thanks for the info. That is too bad you can't get the slack out of it. It has gotten smoother, but still has all the creep trying to get up to the break. For short range hunting shots it is probably not a big deal, but it is kind of hard to get used to it for longer range off hand shooting when everything I have has an upgraded or reworked trigger. Even my bow release is light and smooth. Every time I pick it up I have to get used to it again.
This is true . . .however, what I enjoy most is the opposite effect. I practice a lot with my Exomax. When I pick up my Remington 700 Mtn Rifle, it seems smooth as silk. Oh, BTW, all Remingtom 700 models have a fully adjustable trigger. And, they are easy to tune. 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen