Blue Threadlocker?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cdup

Post by cdup »

A friend of mine who is a ind. mechanic advise me to use my wife's finger nail polish in place of locktite. Now my other buddies laugh when they see me pull it out my tool box. :oops: Especially the hot pink with glitter. :lol: That's all I use now, it does the everyday job I need it to do.
Respect everyone, but fear no one
Normous

Post by Normous »

We just recently had a Loctite rep. speak to us where I work in a factory setting. He suggested the newer 248 Threadlocker Stick over the older liquid for finer thread applications, like the small Excalibur screws we use. It is easier to contol the amount of product with the new stick formula compared to not being able to regulate the liquid dispense as well. A little dab a do ya. Most might get too much product on the treads using the liquid if not careful.
Last edited by Normous on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Bob,were you using the blue removable Threadlocker?
I have run into the same problem and switched to a new one called Purple Threadlocker made by Permatex.
It is designed for the smaller screws with fine threads.
So far,so good with this one!
Bob Vandrish.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I learned the hard way to use a nut to chase the threads on the two stock to rail screws on my Excals. That hard build up from even the blue is rough on the alum threads.

I had to buy a slew of helicoils to get the one I needed. Worked great on the front forearm stripped thread, not sure if there's room enough for the rear one.

May have an extra or two if I can find them.
"Eze 18:21"
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

cdup wrote: Especially the hot pink with glitter. :lol: That's all I use now, it does the everyday job I need it to do.
Personally, I don't wear nail polish every day. Gotta work a little, you know! :shock: :P :lol:
Grizz
cdup

Post by cdup »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
cdup wrote: Especially the hot pink with glitter. :lol: That's all I use now, it does the everyday job I need it to do.
Personally, I don't wear nail polish every day. Gotta work a little, you know! :shock: :P :lol:
I don't mind wearing it every day, as long as I don't chip a nail! :lol:
Respect everyone, but fear no one