Ontario antlerless deer draw deadline

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowking

Ontario antlerless deer draw deadline

Post by xbowking »

The deadline is June 30th this year for Ontario hunters applying for Doe tags.
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Thank you. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

All ready have mine in, bought deer tag at same time I got turkey. Grrrr not a good day though, got a $128. speeding ticket on the way home.
xbow300win

Post by xbow300win »

I've got a question for you experienced hunting guys and gals....

What is the best way of going about this...I would like to get two deer this year...one with my bow and one in my controlled shotgun hunt.

If I go purchase a tag, it is a buck tag only...am I correct?

If I then apply to the controlled hunt in November, I get that tag, but it has to be used with my purchased tag, correct?

What is the best way for me to be able to go after a Buck or Doe during bow season AND a buck or doe during shotgun?

This has got me all confused....can ya tell? :lol:
mikej

Post by mikej »

thanks for the tip i forgot they moved it up
dutchhunter

tags

Post by dutchhunter »

thy have a draw you can go n for bow and arrow early and a second draw latter for the cotroled hunt thi way i get a tag for bow hunting and a ag for controled hunt DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

xbow300win wrote:I've got a question for you experienced hunting guys and gals....

What is the best way of going about this...I would like to get two deer this year...one with my bow and one in my controlled shotgun hunt.

If I go purchase a tag, it is a buck tag only...am I correct?

If I then apply to the controlled hunt in November, I get that tag, but it has to be used with my purchased tag, correct?

What is the best way for me to be able to go after a Buck or Doe during bow season AND a buck or doe during shotgun?

There are usually extra tags for archery, the last two years in my areas they have been good for both antlered or anterless. Apply for the controlled with your 1st tag save it for that hunt, and use the extras for archery, thats what I plan to do this year.
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
peter p

Post by peter p »

xbow300win wrote:I've got a question for you experienced hunting guys and gals....

If I go purchase a tag, it is a buck tag only...am I correct? - Yes

This is what I do...I purchase a deer license which will be for Bucks only and then apply for the anterless deer for bow season in wmu e.g 78 which I bow hunt in.
If I get picked for anterless I get a game seal that says "bow only anterless deer" in the wmu 78. (I purchase through the telephone anterless draw system) and this tag can be used in the controlled hunt and for bucks with gun or bow. This is the tag (game seal) you want to use in the controlled deer hunt and you can also use after the controlled deer hunt with your bow if you were not successful in shooting a deer with the shotgun.
I then purchase Additional deer tags for wmu 78. These are for bow only, antlered or anterless. These are the the tags you want to use first while bow hunting. You cannot use these tags for the controlled deer hunt, these are for bow only.
If still not clear pm me and I will try to explain better.
the elf

Post by the elf »

Bought mine today---and applied for antlerless in 63A----and once again the price went up a bit to $ 38.75. Iwonder how many extra tags there will be this year in my area?
roly

Post by roly »

Mr. Xbow300win. I live in Simcoe county also, the extra controlled hunt tag can't be pruchaced by phone ,you have to go to barrie and purchace.

Last season I had ,archery doe tag ,additional archery doe tag , controlled hunt draw and additional controlled tag for 76B.
roly

Post by roly »

Forgot , Thanks Xbowking for the reminder!
mattones

Post by mattones »

I hope to apply soon. as i need to switch my PAL into a H1.
08 Diamond Justice
2015 Micro 335 -Custom Flemish String-Lumonzombies
mikej

Post by mikej »

what is an H1
xbow300win

Post by xbow300win »

peter p wrote:

If I go purchase a tag, it is a buck tag only...am I correct? - Yes

This is what I do...I purchase a deer license which will be for Bucks only and then apply for the anterless deer for bow season in wmu e.g 78 which I bow hunt in.
If I get picked for anterless I get a game seal that says "bow only anterless deer" in the wmu 78. (I purchase through the telephone anterless draw system) and this tag can be used in the controlled hunt and for bucks with gun or bow. This is the tag (game seal) you want to use in the controlled deer hunt and you can also use after the controlled deer hunt with your bow if you were not successful in shooting a deer with the shotgun.
I then purchase Additional deer tags for wmu 78. These are for bow only, antlered or anterless. These are the the tags you want to use first while bow hunting. You cannot use these tags for the controlled deer hunt, these are for bow only.
If still not clear pm me and I will try to explain better.
Thank you very much! :D
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

H1(hunter 1) allows hunter to hunt with guns and bows , H2 is just for bow hunting.
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock