Awshucks is ok

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

saxman

Post by saxman »

Prayers to everyone affected by these storms.
Glad he is ok
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

We had swirling clouds outside today too. Very scary. Several areas had tornado warnings and sightings with reported tornados. Tis the season.

Glad to hear you are OK Dan and I hope everyone has a safe ending to their Easter weekend.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Prayers to everyone affected by these storms.
Glad he is ok
+1 :(

I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. when Hurricane Andrew hit in 1992. We were 70 miles from the center of the storm and it still scared the hell out of me and my family- trees and debris flying everywhere. I cannot imagine the fear and power associated with a large Tornado bearing down on us.

Hope all is well.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Sure glad he's ok. Prayers to all.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers all. I'm about 15 miles out of Mena. They got clobbered Thurs evening, 3-4 dead, 6 missing, 26 blocks of power lines down, gas leaks, ect. Over 100 homes really hit bad, if not destroyed.

I got some hail but no real damage. There is a big tractor supply place 1/2 mile out of town, there were huge tractors flying through the air like leaves in a wind on a fall day.

They had an ice storm here a year or so before I moved here and the power was off for 2-3 weeks. I was always going to get a generator but just kept putting it off. The South will do that to you, lol.

Got over to Hot Springs [85 miles] yesterday and am now the proud owner of a Troy Built [Wisconsin, Bob] 5500 watt. Got all the goodies I thought except the plug that goes in gen was wrong. My buddy, Alton had gotten one for himself and knew there were no plugs available in town, but the one electrical supply house was getting a dozen in this a.m.

Wired a 220v outlet on the outside of the house and then into breaker box using a pigtail w/ two male plugs to connect the two. The darn gen receptacle was too loose to get the plug in and twist it, so had to tear that apart and tighten it up firm. I thought at first it was spring loaded for some reason which made no sense.

Finally, about 3 pm this afternoon got it all working and checked out that I was getting 220v where I need it so I didn't burn anything up and the power came back on!!!! Never would have believed it, but am not complaining about any of it. Didn't even thaw anything out, my gal pal is having to thaw meat for supper.

I'm going to head into town next week and start cutting downed oak up for firewood and help out some. There is a huge amount of it.

Our turkey season opened this am, we're getting rain in the am so guess it will be turkey hunting am's and wood cutting pms for a spell.
"Eze 18:21"
Big John

b

Post by Big John »

Glad all worked out for you Awshuck's. We don't need bad new's on here. :wink: Take care down there.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
BUS314

good

Post by BUS314 »

Good deal bud, glad ya survived! I had a bus up there taking some elderly Choctaws over there to eat ; they said it was just moving in when they left. Randy, AKA ChoctawBusGuy
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

So glad to hear you're OK and had no damage! Very relieved to see you back on here!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

hopefully the twister left some birds behind.. my house got hit by a EF0 4 years ago. Granted thats nothing compared to a EF3 I believe that hit your area, but its still a ride. The water was sukked out of the tiolets, the doors blow open, and siding was pulled off the house just from that EF0. I love twisters and always wanted to see one. But it was right before daybreak when this one hit so I was in it, but couldnt see it. I always wanted to be a chaser out in the midwest since they are awesome sights, but the death and damage from them isnt good! Hopefully those missing are found alive.

But welcome back and its good to see you posting 8)

The more houses that go up every year, the greater the odds for direct hits.
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

awshucks wrote:Wired a 220v outlet on the outside of the house and then into breaker box .
awshucks - You might want to check and make sure but I have been told that when you wire into your breaker box the power also flows back out to the pole. A lineman working out there could get a jolt if the generator was running and depending on the volts it could be serious jolt.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Real McCoy wrote:
awshucks wrote:Wired a 220v outlet on the outside of the house and then into breaker box .
awshucks - You might want to check and make sure but I have been told that when you wire into your breaker box the power also flows back out to the pole. A lineman working out there could get a jolt if the generator was running and depending on the volts it could be serious jolt.
I would bet my last dollar that Awshucks has it well under control. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Pydpiper wrote:
Real McCoy wrote:
I would bet my last dollar that Awshucks has it well under control. :D

When it comes to anything electrical, I'll take all the help I can get! In this case, I have a main breaker I flip off so they can't get me and I can't get them, lol.

That's an excellent point to bring up however, may save someone some injury. Thanks!
"Eze 18:21"
mikej

Post by mikej »

glad to hear from you and that you're ok dan a suffered no loss or damage
lscha

Post by lscha »

Me too, Dan. I wanted to ask if you were ok after the storm but was in Illinois at my daughters without internet. I was thinkin of you and praying.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
dumbdawg

Post by dumbdawg »

bstout wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote:Tornados ... bad stuff! :shock: :?
is it just me or does the bottom end of the spout look like a wolfs face ???