NEED INFO ON INSERTS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

animal

NEED INFO ON INSERTS

Post by animal »

WHERE CAN I GET BRASS INSERTS FOR GT LASER ll BOLTS AND HOW MUCH DO THEY GO FOR I LOOKED ON http://www.archerywarehouse.com/crossbo ... nents.html
THEY WENT FOR $7.50 BUT HOW MANY DO YOU GET FOR THAT PRICE THATS NOT REALLY CLEAR :?:

THANKS FOR THE HELP
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION

EXOCET 200
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Welcome animal. Thats about right for the inserts. I get mine from bowhunterssuperstore.com and they are the same price there and they come 12 to a pack.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Anywhere that sells GT's will have the brass. When Gold tip ships the arrows they send them with both aluminum and brass inserts so the buyer has a choice. Unfortunately most stores set them aside and sell them as an additional part.
Most stores will sell them in any quantity you would like.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
greener

need info on inserts

Post by greener »

Contact gagnonsports.com in Oshawa Ontario. Gold Tip Lazer 2's are sold without the inserts. Customer then has a choice of aluminum or brass being installed. Aluminum are standard and are included in the cost of the bolt. Brass inserts alone can be purchased seperately for $1.00each ( Canadian ) . They will ship anywhere
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

bowhunters gives you the choice, but as said, they should come with both the brass and aluminum. Most dont even offer any of them though.

but brass ones can be found from 4-9bucks per 12 depending on how much they charge for shipping. If you find them for 4bucks, the want 9 shipping.. if you find them for 8, its normally 4-5bucks shipping lol
animal

Post by animal »

THANKS FOR INFO :D
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION

EXOCET 200
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

If you are still in USA, lol, Danny Miller, while not cheaper than dirt, close to it at [740] 483-2312. I think I got some from him about two bits each, but can't remember for sure.

A little o/t here but I've had problems getting the inserts to stay in shafts and the next glue I'm trying is Gorilla Glue w/ no water. I've used hot melt, super glues, Goat Tuff, and Devcon epoxy. Thanks again, Sumner ol buddy!!
"Eze 18:21"
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

awshucks,
I tried Gorilla Glue w/o water on the brass I recently installed in a set or Firebolts. Remember that it expands. You don't need that much of it at all. Any excess will seep out around the front edge and can easily be trimmed off later with a knife. I'm not sure if it will expand enough to bust an arrow, but there is no sense in find out. Just use it sparingly.

From all I can tell, it is permanent. I have since tried to remove one of the inserts with no luck at all. Gorilla Glue works, permanently.

DuckHunt