some interesting observations today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Caribou Creek

some interesting observations today

Post by Caribou Creek »

I'm shooting my exomax with at total bolt weight of 415 grains- 270shaft +145 field tip.

I decided to try a Rage 100 grain pratice tip so this drops my total weight to 370 grains, this set up shoots to the exact same point of impact as the heavier bolt does at 20,30 and 40 yards, to windy today to go past my barn to 50 yards today.

FPS went up 5-fps to 325 with the rage tip, I have shot this bolt about 20 times and it is very accurate.

Have you guys seen this happen before where different weight and shaped tips shoot to the same POI.

Thanks

Fred
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Caribou, I think shooting a crosbow arrow is like shooting a round from a rifle. There is a marriage of components which give the utmost accuracy. It doesn't always give the greatest speed. But, it is deadly accurate.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
Caribou Creek

Post by Caribou Creek »

Terry, I totally agree on the "magic marriage" of components, it just semed odd to me the different weight would shoot the same.

I guess it one of those mysteries that keeps us shooting, I'm headed out the door right now to go throw some more bolts down range, god I love this new toy :D :D