Having scope problems?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

theoldarcher

Having scope problems?

Post by theoldarcher »

Just wondering? Has anyone else had any problems with the Vari-zone scope? I have only had mine since January and it evidently broke something inside this weekend because I can't get it to hold a group anymore. I was lucky to hit the target at 20 yards. I have not dropped it or anything. I replaced it temporally with an old 4x scope I had laying around and it did just fine, but my Vari-zone has bit the bucket. Anyone else having this problem?
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

By the way, I am not bashing the scope. I understand everything breaks eventually and that sometimes s--- happens. I was just curious if it was a concern before I go out and spend money for a new one. I absolutely love the vari-zone and want another one.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

no i haven't, & don't buy another just call Dan Miller in Ohio. the varizone has warranty-lifetime i think
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

had mine almost 2 years and no problems at all...in and out of the stand approx 50 times and dragged thru the bush in temps to minus 27 C...not bad cause it does say in faded print ...made in china ....
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

I had thought about calling Mr. Miller but, I had painted the scope OD green and put camo tape in spots to break it up a little in the bush. I also didn't fill out the warranty and send it in when I purchased it either( dumb thing not to do) . But I will call him this week and see what he says.
Thanks
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Had problems with one I had fogged up after a very wet bear hunt . It was a couple years old .The people Excalibur replaced it free of charge .
dutchhunter

crossbow scope

Post by dutchhunter »

i was looking at scopes in the shop the other day and if i had the $ i found a leupold that would make thebest cossbow scope i have ever looked thru and only 500$ DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
wolv1001

Post by wolv1001 »

I am dealing with dan right now for my first crossbow,he does offer a leupold scope to use on a crossbow,might be worth a look.
mikej

Post by mikej »

i haven't had any trouble with mine
M&M

Post by M&M »

I am on my third varizone scope the first one fogged up on me internally shortly after I got it and my dealer replaced that one. I hunted that season and the next with it and then at the begining of this season I could not get the second one to hold zero I figured it was out of waranty so I bought another one because I do like the way it functions, but if this one goes bad on me I won't buy another one. I have asked before as to who makes this scope for excalibur but no one will say. M&M
M&M
mikej

Post by mikej »

M&M wrote:I am on my third varizone scope the first one fogged up on me internally shortly after I got it and my dealer replaced that one. I hunted that season and the next with it and then at the begining of this season I could not get the second one to hold zero I figured it was out of waranty so I bought another one because I do like the way it functions, but if this one goes bad on me I won't buy another one. I have asked before as to who makes this scope for excalibur but no one will say. M&M
i have no idea who makes them but i thought they had a lifetime warranty
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

I have the lumi zone on my vortex, and so far no problems. Awhile back they were having problems and you couldn't get one. I think it has been solved now with the manufactuer. Both lumi zone and vari zone are made in china
mikej

Post by mikej »

i think almost everything is made in china these days :D
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Thanks all of you for your input. I will contact Mr. Miller tomorrow and see what he says.
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Everything in life should be this easy!

I am still in shock that things went the way that it did simply because I am not use to dealing with good people. I took your advice and called Dan Miller at Horizontal Archery this morning about my Vari-zone not holding zero. Dan is absolutely the nicest person I have ever dealt with in my life. As it may not be a shock to ya’ll, imagine my surprise when he said “just pack it up and send it back and I’ll send you a new one!” People who do not own Excalibur crossbows and products are missing the greatest experience of their hunting careers. Thanks to all of you who answered my question of the forum and a big thanks to Mr. Dan Miller for making my problem go away so easily.