The "M" crossbow (again)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stash

The "M" crossbow (again)

Post by Stash »

I had a customer bring in a Middlleton crossbow into the store to get a string and scope mount (Excalibur parts fit), and the crossbow had engraved on the trigger mechanism "Fairhope Alabama". Might have been "Fairfield" or Fair-something, can't recall exactly.

Since these are (or were) made in Burlington Ontario, I was wondering if anyone knew anything. Has the company moved to the USA? No change on the website.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

He may be trying to skirt the border issues he faced by having the parts made in the US. I typically try to avoid shops that sell those things, but now I am feeling intrigued to go look at one to see what that trigger is all about.
I am about due for a good cloning rant.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Pydpiper wrote:I am about due for a good cloning rant.
Nobody does it better! :P :lol: :wink:

Middleton's product seems a worthy target of your skill! 8)
Grizz
mikej

Post by mikej »

i was in a bow shop looking to buy an excal before i bought my phoenix , the guy was trying to sell me a middleton, because i knew of the cloning issue and i think i even heard of a lawsuit i told him i wasn't interested because i didn't want a clone of someone elses hard work i wanted the real thing plus the parts will likely be hard to get if he goes under. his response was that middletons were cheaper and better than excals and parts would never be a problem because any excal part would fit and that middleton never cloned anything it was all original design. well i'm confused then how is it possbile for excal parts to fit if he didn't clone anything when they have been in business with almost the same design for twice as long as middleton. :roll: :roll: . in the end i bought the phoenix but not form him.
DeepSouthHunter

Post by DeepSouthHunter »

Interesting...I live right down the road from Fairhope, AL but I have no idea if they make any trigger assemblies there.
Exocet 200 with "THE RIGHT STUFF" STANDARD PACKAGE
fletch

Post by fletch »

There was someone at the Perth gun show selling the Middleton bows. Looks like he is now copying someone elses design. It had a thin pistol grip and small frontend. Of course there was the "excal" duplicate also.
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Pydpiper Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:20 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He may be trying to skirt the border issues he faced by having the parts made in the US. I typically try to avoid shops that sell those things, but now I am feeling intrigued to go look at one to see what that trigger is all about.
I am about due for a good cloning rant.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why ride when you can walk!