Thermacell

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigsy

Thermacell

Post by bigsy »

Anyone use them? Do they work as they claim?
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
subneural

Post by subneural »

I haven't used one yet, but I'm planning on picking one up as soon as I find them in stock somewhere. One of the instructors at the Turkey Seminar I attended this year swears by 'em (which is why I'm buying one). I'll report back once I've had a chance to try it.
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Walmart carries them, not in camo however, 30 for the unit 25 for the refills, I don't want to be chased out of the woods again this year :oops:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

i have used them and they work down here in the southeastern N.C. swamps, my $0.02
thanks philip
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Work awesome, takes 10-15 minutes (to warm up) and the bugs are gone! The wife and kids got me one last year, with a leg/arm strap, extra cells and pads, we took it with us everywhere!
One morning I turned it on on my way to my turkey tree, sat down and after the sun started to rise I figured there were no bugs so I turned it off, instantaneous bugs everywhere, flicked it back on and they were gone. It works that good.
We also bought one for the table top, a little fancier looking but made to sit on an outdoor table, looks like a lantern.
Buy one, you will not regret it.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

i heard rumors..and i,ll repeat rumors.

.that you can buy the heating cartridges for them a lot cheaper if you just buy the ones ,that are used in curling irons..
can any one confirm this?
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

i picked up some butane cartridges on clearance at shoppers drug mart. Only problem is how do we refill the mats when they run out. I was gonna try it with a little doe pee this season and see what happens
saxman

Post by saxman »

I LOVE mine
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

fogducker wrote:i heard rumors..and i,ll repeat rumors.

.that you can buy the heating cartridges for them a lot cheaper if you just buy the ones ,that are used in curling irons..
can any one confirm this?
This is true, hardware section too.. I have a thermacell cordless glue gun that uses the same cell.
Nice thing about the ones packaged for the actual unit is they come with the pads, and I think it would be real hard to duplicate those, they just work way too good.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

NewGuy wrote:i picked up some butane cartridges on clearance at shoppers drug mart. Only problem is how do we refill the mats when they run out. I was gonna try it with a little doe pee this season and see what happens
I have read somewhere that someone had success by doing some sort of concoction to replenish the pads, I don't remember what it was.
The smell of burning doe pee doesn't sound very attractive though. :D
WMU 91
Boo string
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

Pydpiper wrote:
NewGuy wrote:i picked up some butane cartridges on clearance at shoppers drug mart. Only problem is how do we refill the mats when they run out. I was gonna try it with a little doe pee this season and see what happens
I have read somewhere that someone had success by doing some sort of concoction to replenish the pads, I don't remember what it was.
The smell of burning doe pee doesn't sound very attractive though. :D
ive read that also..but i think if the deer can smell it a bit..you will get a ever lasting memory of the odor
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
munch

Post by munch »

subneural wrote:I haven't used one yet, but I'm planning on picking one up as soon as I find them in stock somewhere. One of the instructors at the Turkey Seminar I attended this year swears by 'em (which is why I'm buying one). I'll report back once I've had a chance to try it.
i was in tsc store yesterday in tillsonburg and they had some.i hacve had mine a couple years and would hate to go without it now
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
fletch

Post by fletch »

They work great. I had my doubts but once I tried it I have no more doubts.
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks
mikej

Post by mikej »

where can you get the table top one
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Pydpiper: you said you had a leg/arm strap. Do they work while your walking as well?
Its funny this post came up, I was fishing today at the local creek and the bugs were all over me. I was thinking to myself, perhaps its time for a thermacell because I dont want to go through what we had last year. I think it was a record as far as I am concerned for the number of mosquitoes in the woods.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-