What is this all about?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

BEING THE SELLER IS IN ITALY, proubly not much you can do. I sugest, stay away.
dutchhunter

xbow

Post by dutchhunter »

it does seem like a great idea to build one like that if you realy like the wood stock .but ti would cost a fair bit to build DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

I said =something to peter he said there trying to take care of it.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

bstout wrote:I found this at the bottom of his listing. The whole thing is too strange.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How is it that you ended up with a bow that does not exist? No such thing as what you are advertising. The bow in your photo is one of 999, not one of 60. Liar! Cheat! Apr-23-09

A: before talk as a stupid, take informations and read carefully the auction, we have installed the wooden relayer stock (the last 60 remained) on a exomax mechanism 225lb, for reach more power. Ok my friend ? so sorry but you are wrong. have a good day Stefano

:D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
mikej

Post by mikej »

i pm'd bill t too no response yet, i'll keep you guys posted if i get one
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Whoa, slow down guys! Here's my take on this. I think 'Stephano' is buying Y-25's and replacing the rails to come up w/ his offering. Why, I don't know but must have seemed like a good idea at the time to him.

No harm, no foul, just not a real Relayer. At the price I saw, much do about nothing, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

To me it looks like he is trying to portray himself as part of Excalibur, his last line is "Excalibur of Italy", he also says that that bow is one of 60 and words it in a way to make it appear as though they were a special run made by Excalibur.
He said this:
"WE HAVE REQUEST TO EXCALIBUR CROSSBOW, TO MANUFACTURER FOR US A SPECIAL FEATURES CROSSBOW"
Could simply be the language barrier, but it looks to me like someone is trying to pull the wool over someone else's eyes. If someone knows nothing about Excalibur it would be very easy to think you were buying a special bow made by Excalibur, to me that is a bit too close to deception. And he certainly doesn't have the "last 60" of the bows.
Having said all that, his reputation on EBAY is decent..
Last edited by Pydpiper on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
mikej

Post by mikej »

awshucks wrote:Whoa, slow down guys! Here's my take on this. I think 'Stephano' is buying Y-25's and replacing the rails to come up w/ his offering. Why, I don't know but must have seemed like a good idea at the time to him.

No harm, no foul, just not a real Relayer. At the price I saw, much do about nothing, lol.
wouldn't that take all authenticity away from the y25 and decrease the value? i know if i was wanting an anniversay model of anything i would want the real deal and not someones modification of it. my 7600 remington is the 3006 anniversary edition and i wouldn't want it if it was modified in any way. but just my opinion

http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... ersary.asp
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

mikej wrote:
awshucks wrote:Whoa, slow down guys! Here's my take on this. I think 'Stephano' is buying Y-25's and replacing the rails to come up w/ his offering. Why, I don't know but must have seemed like a good idea at the time to him.

wouldn't that take all authenticity away from the y25 and decrease the value? i know if i was wanting an anniversay model of anything i would want the real deal and not someones modification of it. my 7600 remington is the 3006 anniversary edition and i wouldn't want it if it was modified in any way. but just my opinion

I think there's an interest in Relayer stocked Exomaxs over there. He could be buying Y25's and Exomaxs and ending up w/ a Y25 stocked Emax and an Ecet.

The name sounds familiar to me, think this might be Matthias72 on here and the same Matthias that runs the Italian xbow site.

If true, this gentleman eats, breathes, and sleeps Excalibur xbows.

There's a guy in Switzerland, same one that makes the scope mount I can never remember how to spell right, something like 'Wolfzeits' that is converting Emaxs into some kind of folding stocked gizmo that resembles a black rifle.

When in Rome..........lol.

Every one of these he makes up and sells makes ours more valuable.
"Eze 18:21"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

awshucks wrote:
mikej wrote:

I think there's an interest in Relayer stocked Exomaxs over there. He could be buying Y25's and Exomaxs and ending up w/ a Y25 stocked Emax and an Ecet.

The name sounds familiar to me, think this might be Matthias72 on here and the same Matthias that runs the Italian xbow site.

If true, this gentleman eats, breathes, and sleeps Excalibur xbows.

There's a guy in Switzerland, same one that makes the scope mount I can never remember how to spell right, something like 'Wolfzeits' that is converting Emaxs into some kind of folding stocked gizmo that resembles a black rifle.

When in Rome..........lol.

Every one of these he makes up and sells makes ours more valuable.
I was thinking the same thing . . .I'll bet mathias72, at least, knows this guy.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

Q: mac , the relayer is the wooden stock on a exocet mechanism for 200 lb, i have ask to excalibur to make and install the wooden stock on a exomax mechanics 225kb and i have call super relayer, in fact in the excalibur catalog do not exist because this is a extra power crossbow, have good day, stefano

The above is in response to an email I sent in which I questioned Excalibur making this bow in response to his request.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote:It's clear to see he's struggling with the english language as we all do,
i lernt everthin i no in puhbleck skewl :oops:
Grizz
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

did yew go to skol in la
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt