New cheek piece (pictures)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

theoldarcher

New cheek piece (pictures)

Post by theoldarcher »

It took a while but I finally got my cheek piece in. It does snap in place and rather tightly I might add but, it still needed to be secured by a small 10/24 screw in the top of the stock. The newer model stocks that came on my Phoenix had not been drilled or tapped to accept this piece but as I understand all new crossbows being put out by Excalibur has now got this hole already drilled and tapped into it so if you get a new one you won’t have to drill it out yourself. After getting the hole drilled and tapped here is what I waited on for two months. It greatly enhances the feel of the stock to your face. To me it was worth the wait.
Last edited by theoldarcher on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikej

Post by mikej »

very nice. looks like you are a lefty :lol: . will the cheek piece fit on both the leeft and right side of the stock or are they different models? ( left hand model / right hand model)
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

The cheek piece is ambidextrous, it will mount on either side depending if you’re a normal right handed person or bass ackwards like me. :oops: :lol:
mikej

Post by mikej »

theoldarcher wrote:The cheek piece is ambidextrous, it will mount on either side depending if you’re a normal right handed person or bass ackwards like me. :oops: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
dutchhunter

cheek piece

Post by dutchhunter »

i was going to say you got it on the wrong side hahah .thy sure doi make a big diff .for thoes that have a older bow try a piece of pipe wrap on the stock you can feel the diff DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Looks good. :D
Grizz
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Looks good. I just put some on my two bows. The 2yr old Phoenix took a bit of doing. Had to trim tad off the top end of the supports that keep the piece away from the stock (only about 1/16") which prevented the stock from slipping on ( used a side cutter and Drummel, no prob.); then used a bar clamp to 'slip' it. Have one on the Vortex too. Had to tap hole in both. They change camo patterns very yr. Got one in HD and ASP and matched best looking one to each bow. They work great. No more pipe insulation. Had to be sure to shave each time I used the bow or the stubble would make noises on the foam. :D
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Looks good.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

Just checked my stock - no hole.
Archer please send detailed instruction. lol
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Instructions are on the back of the packet. Will need a 5/32 drill bit and a 10-24 tap. Most importantly, they are generally intended for the thumbhole stock or one of relatively recent make. Took some trimming to get it on my '07 stock but it works great. Camo is off a bit but tolerable.