tactacal shotguns

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

tactacal shotguns

Post by mikej »

does anyone know if they are legal in ontario? or if they are restricted or prohibited? i like the looks of the 870 tac with the spec ops stock

http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... ctical.asp
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Legal. Here in Ontario we have very tame shotgun laws compared to the rest of the world, oddly. The law states that we can buy/own/use any shotgun barrel length as long as it is made that way in the factory, we just had this discussion in the off-topics.
The term "Tactical" is just marketing, it means nothing.
The gun in your link is completely legal to go shoot rabbits, matter of fact, you can go buy a 8.5" barrel shotgun and go hunt with it. Non-restricted.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Guess Sasquatch won't be messin' 'round Mike's house! :shock: :P :lol: :wink:
Grizz
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Yup that gun here will put you in jail!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Funny how a pistol grip handle makes it "tactical." Same setup in camo is marketed as a Turkey Special by a competitor. Find the grip much harder to handle shotgun effectively, even for "home defense."
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Cossack wrote:Funny how a pistol grip handle makes it "tactical." Same setup in camo is marketed as a Turkey Special by a competitor. Find the grip much harder to handle shotgun effectively, even for "home defense."
I don't care for that sort of grip either!

To each his own! :P
Grizz
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

bstout wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote:
Cossack wrote:Funny how a pistol grip handle makes it "tactical." Same setup in camo is marketed as a Turkey Special by a competitor. Find the grip much harder to handle shotgun effectively, even for "home defense."
I don't care for that sort of grip either!

To each his own! :P
Just like the thumbhole stocks have the pistol grip or a more vertical hold on the grip is easier to hold steady when you're shaking. Say for instance in a self defense or hunting (buck fever) situation.

I didn't like the thumbhole stocks on the Excalibur's one bit the first time I tried them. Then they start to grow on you and I realized how much easier it was to connect shooting offhand with a vertical grip when you're nervous as heck and shaking like a leaf.

Waaay easier!!
You get nervous? I find that hard to believe.

I think I could get use to it. The motion of pulling the finger straight back is an more efficient motion and thus should be more accurate. I'm just programmed into the regular rifle grip . . .old habits.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mikej

Post by mikej »

thanks for the reply's guys, i was thinking the pistol grip would fell great for turkey hunting. pyd you are absolutely right about the barrel length. those 4/10 saddle guns are perfectly legal and work great for bird hunting.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Grizzly Adam wrote:Guess Sasquatch won't be messin' 'round Mike's house! :shock: :P :lol: :wink:
now sasquatch here yet grizz , but i'll get the bugger :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

bstout,
I like the TH stock on my Vortex a lot. And have two on rifles. The difference is that a shotgun is most often (carried) with the muzzle up. Using a pistol grip puts the the butt stock ON TOP of the forearm, not very conducive to rapid reaction (as in home defense). I will concede that it makes for a steady hold for horizontal deployment like turkey hunting.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote:... a more vertical hold on the grip is easier to hold steady when you're shaking. Say for instance in a self defense or hunting (buck fever) situation.
Shaking?

Who? Me?

You gotta be kidding! :P :P :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :wink: :wink:
Grizz