Badlands Monster Fanny Pack

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Alaspan

Badlands Monster Fanny Pack

Post by Alaspan »

Just wanted to throw this out there for some input.

Each year seems to get warmer and warmer from the bow hunt in October to the rifle hunt in November, and I'm forever taking the pack / jacket off, stuffing it in there and putting it back on, and the heat on the back is brutal, then your back is damp all day/evening up in the tree. :x

I've been looking at a better way to carry gear, even if I have to carry my climber. I've been considering the Badlands Monster Fanny pack. It has the shoulder harness system (can be used with or without) and seems to have enough volume for the necessities. Reviews of Badlands products, aside from cost, seem very positive. Would make a great birthday present! :wink:

Wondering if anyone has this product or any other packs made by Badlands?

Your thoughts? Here's the link:

http://www.badlandspacks.com/monster.php
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I don't have any of their products but did look into them a while back. As you say the reviews are positive and the products seem to be of great quality. I would definately consider getting one of their packs.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
greener

Badlands Packs

Post by greener »

Send an email to John at gagnonsports.com . Gagnon Sports in Oshawa did have a variety of these packs prior to their Spring Sale last weekend. Not cheap but very high quality. They will ship anywhere. Check the web site to get Johns email address.
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

Funny you mention that Greener. I spoke with John yesterday, and they have them. He sounded like a good guy. Shipping was $16.00 to Ottawa.

Badlands also has an unconditional warranty, which speaks volumes to the quality of the packs and their service.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I use the Hunter Safety System Pro vest. it has enough pockets to hold my essentials and keeps me safe from falling...which I have already demonstrated as being capable of doing. And it's mesh construction keeps me from overheating when walking.
greener

Badlands Monster Pack

Post by greener »

Alaspan: Just spoke with Jerry Gagnon at Gagnon Sports ( 12.00 noon April 26th. ) He has two packs left , super price at $129.99. If you call or email ASAP he will get one off the floor for you.
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

Yikes! He had five yesterday! I'm on it!!!

Thanks bud!
MPSNIPER

Post by MPSNIPER »

I hunted last year w/ one and was very happy with it. Like someone said. pretty price, but like most things you get what you pay for.
I hunt some pretty remote areas & @ times I'm by myself. Little if any cellular coverage, so it allows me to carry survival gear in case I spend the night in the bush. I would recommend one for sure.
-Michael
"like a hound...he hunts in his dreams"
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

Hey Michael, thanks for the review. I just ordered the last two from Gagnon's. Great customer service there. Also takes the guess work out of my birthday present!!!

I'm a little disappointed in that they're in the Max-1 pattern :( and not Realtree AP (like the rest of my gear) but I guess a little mixing of patterns never hurt that much?

Thanks
saxman

Post by saxman »

I just looked at this pack at at store the other day
I liked it allot.
It wasn't marked with a price and I didn't get it but it looks like a good one
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
lscha

Post by lscha »

Does is come in black?? :roll:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

Well, the packs arrived from Gagnon's today, and I am totally impressed. The packs look VERY well constructed, are very lightweight considering the size and fit very well. There is a place for everything.

Can't wait to get it out into the field, but after looking them over pretty throughly, Badlands packs are scoring some serious points with me. The Max-1 Advantage pattern is much better than I had anticipated - and you can't beat their warranty!!
saxman

Post by saxman »

Does it have like a wire around the main compartment to help keep it open and in shape?
If it does thats the one i looked at,sweet
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011