Are Canadian turkeys easier to kill?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rich

Are Canadian turkeys easier to kill?

Post by Rich »

There seems to be a lot more successful turkey hunters north of the border. Seems like the Canadian season just opened and a lot of members have already taken some very nice birds. Does the timing of your season have anything to do with the harvest numbers. Best of luck to everyone the remainder of the season. What language do your calls speak, is that the difference? :D :D

Rich
roly

Post by roly »

You have to get out there very quickly while their feet are still frozen to the ground LOL :lol:
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

When the MRN re-introduced the turkeys to Ontario they started with a very small population. Maybe there was too much inbreeding and these turkeys are not the sharpest tools in the shed :lol: .
Last edited by ecoaster on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
munch

Post by munch »

we put salt on there tails the night before try it it works great
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Fork Horn

Post by Fork Horn »

all our turkey's ansestors we're dumb enough to be captured.
I also beleave that our hunting season coinsides more a dramatic season change, Turns the bird's on faster and harder.
“A hungry dog hunts best”
Lee Trevino

Every time you kill a coyote an angel gets a set of wings. OK, I made that up. But it should be the case.
Mike P
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

naw we just call them in french :lol:
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

They don't mind being shot...it means they don't have to endure another Canadian Winter. :lol:
mikej

Post by mikej »

our turkeys are all blind :lol: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Rich, I can tell you that they are very wary. I've seen turkeys bug out when I came out of a box stand almost a mile away. It may be because they have less pressure here.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
chris4570

Re: Are Canadian turkeys easier to kill?

Post by chris4570 »

Rich wrote:There seems to be a lot more successful turkey hunters north of the border. Seems like the Canadian season just opened and a lot of members have already taken some very nice birds. Does the timing of your season have anything to do with the harvest numbers. Best of luck to everyone the remainder of the season. What language do your calls speak, is that the difference? :D :D

Rich
We're just good at killing turkeys!!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Rich

Post by Rich »

Seems a lot more of you use ground blinds also, our preferred method is running and gunning. Don't have the patience to sit in a blind all morning.

Rich
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Rich wrote:Seems a lot more of you use ground blinds also, our preferred method is running and gunning. Don't have the patience to sit in a blind all morning.

Rich
have you ever tried using a ground blind Rich for them? I neve rhave, but the one time I used one during deer season and 3 hens came by they didnt like the blind at all. It puzzles me how all you see are people bowhunting from blinds for gobblers and they dont even know its there.

Has anyone in the states killed a bird yet on here? I think mine were the only ones posted. The rest are up yonder :P Maybe the swine flu has everyone afraid to go out
Rich

Post by Rich »

CF,

I killed a bird last week (no pictures, only had the cell phone and they came out bad). My 2 buddies I hunted with both scored on their first birds ever. It was exciting to be there with them as they both killed their first birds. One on them also missed a big ole tom that I had called in. We almost had a double when I killed mine but they came into my side and I had the only shoot. I have the next week or so off so I'll be hitting them hard.

Rich
mikej

Post by mikej »

ray got one too
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

good to hear Rich;)

Mike, i just saw;)