A Special Thanks To Roly

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

A Special Thanks To Roly

Post by Normous »

I my many convsersations with member Roly (Rick), I found out that he has many interests outside Excaliburs and hunting. He also enjoys woodworking and mentioned that be enjoys making various styles of display boards for the amimals that give us all great memories to display. He asked if he could mount one for me and I graciously accepted and sent some decent antlers to him taken two seasons ago. The skull plate was raw with hair still on it and Rick did an excellent job whitening it. I'm glad he did not take my suggestion and apply a matt finish to the board. Take a look at the depth and perfection on the clearcoat finish on that nice piece of wood. I display it proudly now in my little Man Cave. I would like to present Ricks woodworking. Thank-you Rick!
[/img]Image
Last edited by Normous on Mon May 04, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Nice antlers! :D

Yes, wood is good. At least, I must think so ... since my house is paneled in native cypress! 8)
Grizz
mikej

Post by mikej »

wow beauty work roly, if you ever offer these for sale i would be interested for sure. i have a few shabby board mounts i made the could use your nice touch :lol:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

That looks great Norm!

Roly, your work is wonderful.
huntone

Post by huntone »

:shock: Look at all the mounts. WOW.....Nice craftmanship. I don't think that full head mounts would look as neat as those on that wall.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
roly

Post by roly »

Norm ,doing this little job for you was the least i could do for you , I have bombarded you with emails and pm's and you answered every one and help me ten fold, the day I emailed you bitching because I couldn't get my bow tuned in ,you knew what was wrong with out even seeing it. when I killed my turkey the first thing I said was thankyou Normous . I hoped you would like it because you truly deserve it.

Mikej; Wood work is my hobbie ,if I sell it ,it would be a job !

Mr. bstout , b board is not cheap , I too have done lots of plaques out of it and I love it! :D
mikej

Post by mikej »

roly wrote:Norm ,doing this little job for you was the least i could do for you , I have bombarded you with emails and pm's and you answered every one and help me ten fold, the day I emailed you bitching because I couldn't get my bow tuned in ,you knew what was wrong with out even seeing it. when I killed my turkey the first thing I said was thankyou Normous . I hoped you would like it because you truly deserve it.

Mikej; Wood work is my hobbie ,if I sell it ,it would be a job !

Mr. bstout , b board is not cheap , I too have done lots of plaques out of it and I love it! :D
very true , a very nice hobby and high quality work
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

One of the elders in my congregation owns a wood products business ... so I can get lots of sawmill ends, cull boards and scraps free ... and good prices on other stuff. :D

Again, wood is good. 8)

I especially like to build stuff out of Atlantic White Cedar (locally called juniper) ... what a wonderful smell! It's bug repellant, too! :shock: 8)
Grizz
roly

Post by roly »

I enjoy looking for free wood ,I get more satisfaction making some thing from that then buying expensive wood , I give most of my projects away.

I look for barn board all the time, as a wood worker you don't sand it or finish it , but something made out of b board has a special look to it :D :D
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

WOW - that looks GREAT!!! Norm, you are a lucky man and Roly, it sounds like you have a great pal in Norm!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.