snakes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

snakes

Post by mikej »

i was told today that the mnr has apparently released rattle snakes in certain areas to control the turkey population. has anyone else heard anything like this? i have also heard of the supposedly releasing cougars to control the deer, and i know there have been many cougar sightings recently so how do you know what to believe. i don't think they could get away with releasing either one without notifying the public first atleast, but seriously rattle snakes i really can't see it :roll:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Mike, stop watching Fox News, which by the way is an oxymoron.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

I know that the mnr added fall turkey hunt in certain areas and stretched out deer season to control deer ....i wish they relocate some turkeys to my area though .....
mikej

Post by mikej »

warningshot wrote:.i wish they relocate some turkeys to my area though .....
me too
mikej

Post by mikej »

Boo wrote:Mike, stop watching Fox News, which by the way is an oxymoron.
i didn't get this from fox news, did they run a story on it?
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Have to say the best story I ever heard was that rattle snakes were being put in balloons and dropped from planes . I would like to see the brave soul whom was blowing up the balloons with a sharp fanged thing inside . :shock: :lol:
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Doe Master wrote:Have to say the best story I ever heard was that rattle snakes were being put in balloons and dropped from planes . I would like to see the brave soul whom was blowing up the balloons with a sharp fanged thing inside . :shock: :lol:

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that was worth getting out of bed for. :lol: :lol: . Whew, my sides are hurtin from laughing. Gonna be a blessed day :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

I think the mnr should parachute some tukey hunters in on a dark cloudy nite.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I heard the same thing that they were put in Kimberley on the rocks of the Bruce Trail. That would be a natural spot for rattlers to live. Heard that a while ago. I am sure the MNR will deny that as well. I have friends up here that have personally seen cougar up here. Hehehe not sure what would happen if I see one when out. I do carry a camera now. LOL
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I think the whole story about wildlife management releasing rattlesnakes is an urban legend ... the story makes the rounds over and over through the years, with variations. I've seen that sort of tale a number of times.

It's even been bandied about here in North Carolina, where rattlesnakes naturally occur in large numbers anyway! :shock: :lol:

I sure wouldn't worry about it.

Keep your eyes open anyway! :P
Grizz
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

there is certainly no shortage of snakes in southeastern N.C.
thanks philip
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The snakes were put there by the MNR to control the Cougars that were released by the MNR to control the Deer that were released by the MNR to control the outbreak of grass that was planted by the MNR to hide the dirt created by the MNR..
I guess the big question I would have is how the MNR managed to purchase and release an endangered species with no accountability for the funds, or the animal while at the same time bypassing the federal endangered species act.
Publicly denying something is easy, but you have to remember that even though it is the evil government there would have to be something somewhere to indicate a purchase, the act protecting cougars is on a federal level, way beyond the MNR's grasp. Unless of course they are hybrid's created by the MNR in caves designed by the MNR to hide the whole evil act in the first place.
Then of course there is always that really far out theory that a domestic cougar got away from it's owner, but we all know pets never escape.
I have peeled a python off of a radiator 4 apartment floors below the owner from where it escaped in Brantford, took a mink out of a fireplace in London where someone decided a funny frat joke would be to drop it down their buddies chimney.. I am sure the people who found the displaced animals had their own theories as to why they were there, it is human nature, but in the end it simply turned out to be human error, with no accountability.
Believe it or not, the MNR has to answer to someone too and a quick glance at our current government structure will indicate how unlikely the approval of a release of that caliber would be authorized. Accountability..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

bait pile willie wrote:I think the mnr should parachute some tukey hunters in on a dark cloudy nite.

We had an incident here in Cincinnati involving turkeys and helicopters.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/1499909/5115198
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Hear tell they are now looking for some mongoose, just in case the snakes get to numerous.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Cossack wrote:Hear tell they are now looking for some mongoose, just in case the snakes get to numerous.
Thats what it was that I got out of that fireplace! It's been a few years.. :D I knew it was stranger than a mink..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string