nj crossbow hunters need your help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

mikej wrote:
nope, just glad to help
Did you say you are out of state and do not even hunt in NJ in your email? Or did you make it sound like you are a NJ Hunter?
There's a place for all of God's Creatures...............right next to the mashed potatos! :)
njxbow

Post by njxbow »

Did you say you are out of state and do not even hunt in NJ in your email? Or did you make it sound like you are a NJ Hunter?
why do you ask FULLDRAW? are you an anti trolling here?
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

Nope, you couldn;t be further from the truth! :roll: As you can tell from my "handle", I am an avid bowhunter!

I was just curious if the NJ fish and wildlife folks knew you were from out of state and never hunted in the state!

I believe the HUNTERS of each respective state should have the say in what goes on there- not out-of-staters! :wink:
Last edited by FullDRAW on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a place for all of God's Creatures...............right next to the mashed potatos! :)
njxbow

Post by njxbow »

from reading your posts like the one below, it does appear that you may very well be an anti crossbow hunter trolling around here considering you just joined this forum a few days ago, and you like to question others as to exactly what they emailed to their respective f&g departments. see below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mikej wrote:
if pa allowed the crossbow during any archery season it would appeal to alot more hunters and increase their licence sales as well as increase the number of hunters

you replied:
It also could result in a shortened archery season! That is what we are all concerned about! We only get 6 weeks as it is. And anyone that NEEDS to use a crossbow can use it already for that six weeks with a permit

[/code][/quote]
Last edited by njxbow on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

njxbow wrote:from reading your posts, it does appear that you may very well be an anti crossbow hunter trolling around here considering you just joined this forum a few days ago, and you like to question others as to exactly what they emailed to their respective f&g departments. i may be wrong but something smells fishy :?
Actually, I have been a big supporter of the Disabled Hunter Program in my state, most of whom use crossbows.

I have absolutely nothing against anyone who uses a crossbow. I simply do not want to see our Archery Season Shortened.

AND, I believe it is wrong for out of state pro-crossbow folks to pretend they are instate- hunters when they write to state game agencies and legislators.
njxbow

Post by njxbow »

fulldraw, let me ask you one question, do you support the full inclusion of crossbows in all archery hunting seasons?
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

I will not comment on other states, since I do not hunt in any state other than my home state of PA.

I do not support full inclusion in PA for the simple fact that it COULD shorten our current archery season!

PA should not do ANYTHING that could possibly TAKE AWAY hunter opportunity, for those dedicated hunters that are ALREADY hunting!

But that was not the issue! Let's not get off topic! :wink:
njxbow

Post by njxbow »

I do not support full inclusion in PA
just what i suspected. thanks for your honesty

I will not comment on other states, since I do not hunt in any state other than my home state of PA.
this thread is about crossbow hunting in NJ, not PA :?
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

Believe it or not, I am NOT your enemy! There was a time when I considered using a crossbow in the late archery season. But I got a better deal on a Flintlock, so I went that way.
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

njxbow wrote:
this thread is about crossbow hunting in NJ, not PA :?
Just trying to answer your question honestly! :wink:
njxbow

Post by njxbow »

fulldraw, thanks again for your honesty. you're entitled to your opinions. at least now the members reading this post know where you stand on the full inclusion of crossbows.
Last edited by njxbow on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikej

Post by mikej »

FullDRAW wrote: PA should not do ANYTHING that could possibly TAKE AWAY hunter opportunity, for those dedicated hunters that are ALREADY hunting!
so only your opinions matter :roll: it doesn't matter if another hunter wants to use a crossbow . the way i look at it archery is archery , if it shoots an arrow and uses a string its archery
Last edited by mikej on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

FullDRAW wrote:
I was just curious if the NJ fish and wildlife folks knew you were from out of state and never hunted in the state!

I believe the HUNTERS of each respective state should have the say in what goes on there- not out-of-staters! :wink:
What if I hunt in the state? What if I would like to hunt there,but can not because of their rules? Can I vote then?

I saw where one state(N.C.?) extended it's ML season into the archery season by a week and at the same time extended the ability to use archery equipment in the ML season. Therefore, you could hunt with your chosen weapon by an extra week. Who got ripped off there? Archery hunters by having ML hunters in the woods a week sooner or the ML hunters with the archers in their woods the entire season? You will probably find the same guys, different weapon, in the same woods. Unfortunately, more weapons doesn't equate to more hunters. Nor does it equate to more kills.

I just don't see any state shortening any seasons . . .are they? FullDRAW, you are just wrong. Poor arguement. Poor judgement. Change my mind please.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

njxbow wrote:fulldraw, thanks again for your honesty. you're entitled to your opinions. at least now the members reading this post know where you stand on the full inclusion of crossbows.
You're welcome. Never tried to hide anything- that's why I chose "FullDRAW" for my handle . Just trying to offer another point of view! :wink:
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Ah ... I see it's going on in this thread too! :!:

As for me, if a state invites the opinion of out-of-staters, I'll readily give mine if I feel like weighing in. The invitation to public comment is the prerogative of that state's legislators. If residents of that state don't like out-of-stater's commenting, then they need to take it up with their law-makers.

When I comment on a state's site, I say that I might perhaps be interested in hunting there someday, and that the ability to use a crossbow in archery seasons would have a great bearing on my actual decision should opportunity arise.

That is not dishonest. I may well have a chance to hunt in PA or NJ or in any other state someday. When and if I do, then being able to hunt with a crossbow would be important to me.

And I am free to say so when I am INVITED to say so. :D
Grizz