nj crossbow hunters need your help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

njxbow

Post by njxbow »

fulldraw, thanks again for your honesty. you're entitled to your opinions. at least now the members reading this post know where you stand on the full inclusion of crossbows.
Last edited by njxbow on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikej

Post by mikej »

FullDRAW wrote: PA should not do ANYTHING that could possibly TAKE AWAY hunter opportunity, for those dedicated hunters that are ALREADY hunting!
so only your opinions matter :roll: it doesn't matter if another hunter wants to use a crossbow . the way i look at it archery is archery , if it shoots an arrow and uses a string its archery
Last edited by mikej on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

FullDRAW wrote:
I was just curious if the NJ fish and wildlife folks knew you were from out of state and never hunted in the state!

I believe the HUNTERS of each respective state should have the say in what goes on there- not out-of-staters! :wink:
What if I hunt in the state? What if I would like to hunt there,but can not because of their rules? Can I vote then?

I saw where one state(N.C.?) extended it's ML season into the archery season by a week and at the same time extended the ability to use archery equipment in the ML season. Therefore, you could hunt with your chosen weapon by an extra week. Who got ripped off there? Archery hunters by having ML hunters in the woods a week sooner or the ML hunters with the archers in their woods the entire season? You will probably find the same guys, different weapon, in the same woods. Unfortunately, more weapons doesn't equate to more hunters. Nor does it equate to more kills.

I just don't see any state shortening any seasons . . .are they? FullDRAW, you are just wrong. Poor arguement. Poor judgement. Change my mind please.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

njxbow wrote:fulldraw, thanks again for your honesty. you're entitled to your opinions. at least now the members reading this post know where you stand on the full inclusion of crossbows.
You're welcome. Never tried to hide anything- that's why I chose "FullDRAW" for my handle . Just trying to offer another point of view! :wink:
There's a place for all of God's Creatures...............right next to the mashed potatos! :)
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Ah ... I see it's going on in this thread too! :!:

As for me, if a state invites the opinion of out-of-staters, I'll readily give mine if I feel like weighing in. The invitation to public comment is the prerogative of that state's legislators. If residents of that state don't like out-of-stater's commenting, then they need to take it up with their law-makers.

When I comment on a state's site, I say that I might perhaps be interested in hunting there someday, and that the ability to use a crossbow in archery seasons would have a great bearing on my actual decision should opportunity arise.

That is not dishonest. I may well have a chance to hunt in PA or NJ or in any other state someday. When and if I do, then being able to hunt with a crossbow would be important to me.

And I am free to say so when I am INVITED to say so. :D
Grizz
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Very well said, Grizz. I love you man! :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mikej

Post by mikej »

well said grizz, strait from the hip :lol:
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Since I have given my opinion to numerous states concerning crossbows in archery season here is my two cents worth.

I truly believe that each DNR (MNR) should make the very best decision that they can based on facts. Where they get those facts is not important.

It should not matter if those facts come from out of state or out of the country....they are just presented facts as the person giving the input sees it.. Shame on any DNR that makes their game managment decisions by counting noses of who is for or against a certain proposal. Shame on any hunters that would want game to managed that way as there are a LOT more non-hunters and anti-hunters out there that can give input on game matters too. If the DNR counted noses we could all be left out in the cold by a majorioty of non-hunters and anti-hunters voicing displeasure with any given hunting subject.

The DNRs should make sound decisons based on facts as how they pertain to game management and how to grow the sport of hunting.

This "I don't want to hunt with those hunters" is BS..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

FullDRAW wrote:..................

I do not support full inclusion in PA for the simple fact that it COULD shorten our current archery season!
Please point out any state where a shortened season has happend after full inclusion of crossbows into the archery season.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
animal

Post by animal »

wow you guys can come and hunt any time in my state , and hopefully you can bring your crossbow :wink: :lol:
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION

EXOCET 200
mikej

Post by mikej »

animal wrote:wow you guys can come and hunt any time in my state , and hopefully you can bring your crossbow :wink: :lol:

i hope you have a big camp :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Esox

Post by Esox »

Since I have a horse in this race I might as well put in my 2 Cents.....

All we're doing is adding another form of archery to the bowhunting season... It should be your choice to use longbows, recurves, compounds and/or crossbows during the bow season.

Shortened season is a bogus argument.... We're already bowhunting deer for more months than ever before... The season starts in early September and ends in mid February and you can take as many deer as you want and we still have too many deer.... Ohio has the most experience and it still has a long deer season..... and looking to add more...

I've bowhunted long enough to remember when fiberglass limbs weren't considered true archery material and when adding Compound Bows was going to ruin bowhunting, so was the use of releases, carbon shafts and a dozen other items too.... Didn't happen and neither will adding the option of crossbows... You still have to be able to hunt good enough to take a deer....All the other anti-crossbow arguments don't hold water....

It's another form of archery.... plain and simple.....
mikej

Post by mikej »

Esox wrote:Since I have a horse in this race I might as well put in my 2 Cents.....

All we're doing is adding another form of archery to the bowhunting season... It should be your choice to use longbows, recurves, compounds and/or crossbows during the bow season.

Shortened season is a bogus argument.... We're already bowhunting deer for more months than ever before... The season starts in early September and ends in mid February and you can take as many deer as you want and we still have too many deer.... Ohio has the most experience and it still has a long deer season..... and looking to add more...

I've bowhunted long enough to remember when fiberglass limbs weren't considered true archery material and when adding Compound Bows was going to ruin bowhunting, so was the use of releases, carbon shafts and a dozen other items too.... Didn't happen and neither will adding the option of crossbows... You still have to be able to hunt good enough to take a deer....All the other anti-crossbow arguments don't hold water....

It's another form of archery.... plain and simple.....
well said, its too bad others can't see it that way
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
As for me, if a state invites the opinion of out-of-staters, I'll readily give mine if I feel like weighing in. The invitation to public comment is the prerogative of that state's legislators. If residents of that state don't like out-of-stater's commenting, then they need to take it up with their law-makers.

When I comment on a state's site, I say that I might perhaps be interested in hunting there someday, and that the ability to use a crossbow in archery seasons would have a great bearing on my actual decision should opportunity arise.
I have no problem with that, Grizz! What I have a problem with, is out of staters mis-representing themselves to State Game Agencies and legislators as Hunters of that state, just to push their pro-crossbow agenda. :(
There's a place for all of God's Creatures...............right next to the mashed potatos! :)
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

FullDRAW wrote:pro-crossbow agenda. :(
Isn't there also a "compound bow agenda" or a "traditional bow agenda" ?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.