NEW CROSSBOW BY PSE - THE TAC 15

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Real McCoy

NEW CROSSBOW BY PSE - THE TAC 15

Post by Real McCoy »

This new crossbow should really fire up the anti-crossbow crowd. It uses the AR 15 lower receiver and claims a speed of 402 - 412 fps with 425 grain bolt. Trigger to bolt release from string is 12 milliseconds.

Video at www.tac15.com Specs at www.pse-archery.com

You have never seen a crossbow that looks like this and you can have one for only $1300 plus an AR 15 lower receiver. My Excalibur has never looked so good.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Especially for those who have to have the latest, costliest of everything.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

No thanks. I believe I'll struggle along with my Exomax. :P :wink:
Grizz
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Grizzly Adam wrote:No thanks. I believe I'll struggle along with my Exomax. :P :wink:
Same here. That thing looks way too complicated for me. :? If Boo doesn't make a string for it, then I don't want it. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

Way to complicated for me also. I will stick with my simple excal vortex, at one third the cost. How dead can a deer be??? :roll:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Not legal in Canada, but it has been around for a while..
Me, I like it. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
huntone

Post by huntone »

My Ibex's trigger is WAY better than my ar-15s. Like everyone else......... KISS
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
dutchhunter

cross bow hey

Post by dutchhunter »

looks pretty cool but not for me to hunt with .i have two ar15s so why could i not have one of these in canada DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Pydpiper

Re: cross bow hey

Post by Pydpiper »

dutchhunter wrote:looks pretty cool but not for me to hunt with .i have two ar15s so why could i not have one of these in canada DUTCH
You can own a thousand of them, bring one to the bush or and it is a straight trip to Jail. In Canada the AR platform is a restricted firearm, there is no possible means of hunting with one.
Me, if I can't use it for what I want to, it serves no purpose.

If I could own (use for my desired purpose) an AR receiver, I would be all over this thing...

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

Not saying the TAC 15 is good or bad, but the idea of a crossbow using the AR receiver only adds fuel to the anti-crossbow crowds bonfire.
It's already been used as an example to represent crossbows in anti-crossbow arguments presented to legislators and game departments considering extending crossbow seasons.

I can just picture some of those idiot fanatics in the anti crowd beaming with joy while pointing to the TAC and screaming - "SEE - It really is a crossGUN!"

No, I won't be buying one, and I really think PSE has hurt the movement to expand legalizing crossbows with this model.
wabi
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I'm with Wabi 100%, they already call them rifles, this is going to poke at a hornets nest,and it's going to be us with the excals and similar xbows who's going to get stung,just my thoughts..

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
mikej

Post by mikej »

no thanks 1300$ plus an ar , that could buy 3 or 4 excals :shock:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
huntone

Re: post sub

Post by huntone »

YEAH, wabi is right on this one 100%
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It's an odd egg, no doubt.
But there have been a couple states to accept crossbows in to their season since the introduction of that monster of a bow, it was never mentioned once in anything that I have read.
I think I worry less about what other people think, to me it is about enjoying the time out there, not what people think about the time I spend out there. I guess it is mostly because there really is no opposition where I live, a bow is a bow is a bow..
If the opposition lacks the basic knowledge to understand the concept of a bow it will make no difference what they use for an argument.

There are a lot of little things that pass through this site that define the difference between a compound bow and a crossbow, you have to spend some time reading to catch them, but it really has nothing to do with cosmetics. After all, most crossbows are very similar in operation, what they look like has no bearing on their operation or effectiveness.

The second you start dismissing something by what it looks like is the second you become one of them.
WMU 91
Boo string
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Thats the problem it's what they look like,and what you can interchange to a change it to a rifle. Thompson did that with ml, you can buy any cal. rifle for the encore,now in the states you need to go thru a ffl to buy one see where this is going.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers