Warranties

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fred

Warranties

Post by Fred »

Well sir I just got off the phone with bushnell my range finder arrived at the location of business the 18th of May and went in the SYSTEM the 27th it must have laid in someones trunk for 9 days the good news is that since it is in the SYSTEM now it will only take them 5 or 6 weeks for someone to pick it up put a battery in it and say hummm this chinese junker isn't working right and maybe send me a new one but somehow I get the feeling that isn't what is going to happen. I love the Excaliber warranty I guess the thing I like most about it is I have never had to use it in 2 years a hearty thankyou to everyone that works for Excal. you are all the best
Fred

Post by Fred »

So this thing isn't totaly a sour grapes story I just got off the phone with Gander mtg. where I purchased the rangefinder and they offered to give me a 10 dollar gift certicate to cover the return shipping but I couldn't let them do that it isn't their fault I can't believe with the economy the way it is that bushnell would have the guts to make the customer pay shipping both ways after a 5 or 6 week wait for service
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

They have been like that forever, if you get on the phone you will be able to have the repair cost deleted and the shipping cost waved.
You have to remember that you are dealing with one of the largest manufacturers in the world on that type of product when you send something back, their brand is sold in almost every store that carries any form of optic on the face of the planet. Asking them to provide the same one-on-one customer service you get from a mom and pop shop isn't realistic.
If you want great customer service buy a Leopold, they build the cost of repairs and shipping right in to the product (and then some), the turn around is much quicker.
But then, try to buy a $200 Leopold.

My theory is to buy from a shop that stands behind their product regardless of the manufactures warranty, a good shop will take care of all that for you and you will only be out for the time it takes to contact them. Its like having an insurance policy with a personality.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Rich

Post by Rich »

My buddy Dan went through the same scenario with Bushnell, took 5-6 weeks but a brand new rangefinder finally made it's way to him. I think they'll make it right, just will take some time.

Rich
mikej

Post by mikej »

i hope you get good results in the end
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective