Newspaper report on gun registry

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jay73

Newspaper report on gun registry

Post by jay73 »

I heard this on the radio today. The Ottawa Citizen's report on city police gun siezures makes it sound like the registry's actually doing something. Sounds like we're not getting the whole facts but just what they want us to hear....wankers!!! Typical media style - twisting the facts.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/handguns+c ... story.html

Jay
fletch

Post by fletch »

Yes j I heard it all day on the radio how the gun registry has helped remove over 100 illegal handguns from the hands of criminals in the Ottawa area alone. Lets look at the obvious here:

1. They were criminals it said, so do you think they registered them? NO. Sorry some were registered, probably by a lawbidding person who didn't know they had an illegal gun.
2. The guns were said to be handguns, so exactly how did the LONG GUN registry help, they aren't longuns. :evil: The radio failed to mention the long guns in the report but did mention 92 handguns siezed.
3. The guns were siezed OR SURRENDERED, no actual numbers for the amount of guns siezed. Maybe 97% were surrendered but they don't know or want that number reported??????
And this is just the start of the BS coming from anti-gun organizations/police forces.
No offence to any officers but the police boards like to boast about these types of numbers.
NOTE. I haven't read the article yet but will, so my above statements are based on the radio stations report I was listening to today. Just in case someone jumps all over me for misreading the article.
Last edited by fletch on Fri May 29, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

funny how one can manipulate facts etc.....
Last edited by warningshot on Fri May 29, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Hey Fletch, I think they said 43% of the 92 were registered guns. And I believe most if not all of them were probably just surrendered - I cannot say that for sure though.

What a load of crap!
mikej

Post by mikej »

sounds like we are being told what they want us to know. i say it's still a HUGE waste of money
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Wish I could verify the nembers. It's funny they do not give their reference source .

An old saying comes to mind after reading that article , " Figures do not LIE but LIARS do figure " .
jay73

Post by jay73 »

What pisses me off the most is that the average joe/jane hears this report and thinks something's working here and that it's getting guns off the "streets", without digging any more into it!!!

There are some responses though, at the end of the article which state what some people really think of it.

Jay
mikej

Post by mikej »

j wrote:What pisses me off the most is that the average joe/jane hears this report and thinks something's working here and that it's getting guns off the "streets", without digging any more into it!!!

Jay
the liberal media is getting quite goo at that aren't they :roll: :roll:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective