barnett revoloution

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

barnett revoloution

Post by mikej »

i was in a bow shop yesterday where the guy was putting together a barnett revolution it is 150lb draw weight and claims 345 fps, how is that possible ? doesn't sound right to me? anybody know anything about these ?
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
mikej

Post by mikej »

Stash

Post by Stash »

Long power stroke combined with a high energy-storage, no letoff cam.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Bnett's claim to fame has always been cheap speed. Believe this jewel has a single mounting bolt in the front or a rapid take down feature that uses a single fastening point, the failures are spectacular.

I had a Quad 400 go off like a grenade benching it for a buddy, trying to get better than 3" groups at 20 yds. 345 fps [claimed not chronied] for $345 for the whole ball of wax.
"Eze 18:21"
mikej

Post by mikej »

awshucks wrote:Bnett's claim to fame has always been cheap speed. Believe this jewel has a single mounting bolt in the front or a rapid take down feature that uses a single fastening point, the failures are spectacular.

I had a Quad 400 go off like a grenade benching it for a buddy, trying to get better than 3" groups at 20 yds. 345 fps [claimed not chronied] for $345 for the whole ball of wax.
that's what i thought too i'd like to see it chronied, plus there are no bolts holding the riser/ limb assembly to the rail . i wouldn't think it would be very safe
Gwens Dilemma

Post by Gwens Dilemma »

Years ago I bought a new Barnett Demon. It worked well the first year but after that it wasn't consistant at all. Twenty yard shots were iffy. I stopped at the Excalibur plant about 15 years ago and actually met Bill. I was so impressed I bought a Exomag on the spot. Only one small issue with the trigger about 10 years later, which Bill fixed for free, and it still shoots as good as out of the box. It probably has shot 20 deer (and numerous rabbits and a couple squirrels) so far and I'm still going strong. My 2 cents worth, run don't walk from a Barnett product.
Dave
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

WELCOME, GWENS DILEMMA! :D :D
Grizz
mikej

Post by mikej »

welcome to the forum
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

Welcome.

But I gotta say something about Barnett. I borrowed my kid brother's bow, a Quad 400. I wanted to at least have some experience with a bow before I bought a brand new one.
I had an issue with the trigger. Sent an email to Barnett. They sent the UPS man by to get it, and I just got it back yesterday, a week later. They replaced the trigger assembly, and installed new limbs, new string, new cables, new pulleys- 34 parts in total. My cost was zero.
I had read so many negative posts about them that it caused me to pass on their Predator. Glad I did, because I love my Vortex. But....the negativity of years gone by, is just that, gone by. I believe they are ernestly working to change the perception of their company.
There was nothing wrong with the bow except the trigger assembly, yet they went the extra mile to ensure my happiness. I am very very grateful, and my brother is very grateful for what they did. He has what is basically a new bow.
I would like to think that every company would treat people like Barnett treated me, but alas....they don't. I get dissapointed all the time.

Their bows are inexpensive, that is their market niche, but they do service their bows and I just had to point that out. If you have an old Barnett that doesn't work any longer, send them an email and see what they say. I bet you will like what happens, I know I am glad I gave them a chance to fix my brother's bow.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Welcome Dave!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

No big deal. I'm getting 355 out of my compound with 435 gr arrows. There are compounds crossbows that are even faster; and verts that do 400 fps now.
Still shoot my Phoenix and Vortex more often. Less front-heavy, easier to cock and so much easier to maintain.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Undertaker wrote:... they went the extra mile to ensure my happiness. I am very very grateful, and my brother is very grateful for what they did. He has what is basically a new bow.
Well stated, Undertaker.

I believe in giving credit where it's due ... and I believe in second chances ... and third ... and, well, you understand. Companies change.

Mercy always triumphs over judgment. I read that in a book once. :D :wink:
Grizz
mikej

Post by mikej »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
Mercy always triumphs over judgment. I read that in a book once. :D :wink:
what book was that grizz :lol:
mikej

Post by mikej »

undertaker that sounds like great service
Last edited by mikej on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikej

Post by mikej »

bstout wrote:Welcome to the forum GD! :D

When I began shopping for a crossbow in 2003 the Barnett was the first one I looked at. My knee jerk reaction was flimsy. Like getting 200 horsepower from a 100 horsepower engine...doable but not smart.

My machinist buddy sez: "As performance goes up...reliability goes down". He also says this is true for any machine.

Maybe Barnett is trying to change their ways. A good place for them to start would be to build a crossbow that is absolutely bomb proof and forget about speed/marketing.

Poor/flimsy design can not be repaired. If the same problem keeps coming back, i.e. the bow keeps blowing up...it can't be repaired. Something that never worked correctly to begin with isn't broke, it never worked in the first place and can't be "repaired", period.
well said