hey Canada folks?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sits in trees

hey Canada folks?

Post by sits in trees »

is your health care really as bad as they say it is down hear in the states. should we Americans avoid a health care system which is like yours or is that just republican hogwash???
Boo

Post by Boo »

You are going to get varying opinions. Mine is that I am glad to have it. It's not perfect by any means but it's better than having to mortgage your house for a hospital visit.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

Mortgage the house? Hell, Here we have to sell the farm!!!
dutchhunter

heaalth care

Post by dutchhunter »

we can go to a hosptial anytime of day 7 days a week and get treatment.for any health problem and get looked after with no cost .ie flue or a broken leg .it could be a car crash or a heart attack .thy will treat you the same as the guy before you and the guy after you .now i will say if you go to an emerg with a broken leg and leave with a pair of crutches you will have to pay for them.you will be charged for the ambulance ride as well .the biggest problem we have is wait times .you could sit in a waiting room for 4 to 5 hours easy DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
bbbwb

Canada Folks

Post by bbbwb »

I agree with Boo whole heartedly. I have required medical help this year and as in the past I sincerely appreciate the health care service that we have. I have not had mistreatment at any time and have always sent thank you letters to each department after my stay, complimenting on the care.
I know there are cases of waiting time for the patient but it is well worth the wait. In cases of severity, patients are moved ahead.
I am thankful to have it.

bbbwb
Boo

Re: heaalth care

Post by Boo »

dutchhunter wrote:we can go to a hosptial anytime of day 7 days a week and get treatment.for any health problem and get looked after with no cost .ie flue or a broken leg .it could be a car crash or a heart attack .thy will treat you the same as the guy before you and the guy after you .now i will say if you go to an emerg with a broken leg and leave with a pair of crutches you will have to pay for them.you will be charged for the ambulance ride as well .the biggest problem we have is wait times .you could sit in a waiting room for 4 to 5 hours easy DUTCH
Depends on the severity and your age. The younger you are the shorter the delay. Low impact problem will wait. I have never had a complaint yet!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I remember how hard it was for my parents to pay for all the hospital costs for the 3 of us kids when we lived in the U.S. We moved to Alberta in '73 with my parents still owing $ to doctors. At that time I (the oldest) was barely 8, and between the 3 kids of us we had an appendectomy, 2 hernias, meningitis, multiple stitches from falls... not to mention the costs of giving birth to us. I know my parents were relieved that we moved to Canada before we had anymore issues!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Well I think it's answered :) I trust the folks here before any of those weasels in DC.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
bigsy

Re: heaalth care

Post by bigsy »

dutchhunter wrote:the biggest problem we have is wait times .you could sit in a waiting room for 4 to 5 hours easy DUTCH

:shock: :shock: Which hospital are you going to, if I had to drive three hours to yours, I'd still shave two hours off the wait time at my local Hosp. :cry:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
bucont

Post by bucont »

I know personally I am thankful for what we have. Too many health issues to list in our family. Taxes are higher because of it, but worth it.
Last edited by bucont on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
roly

Post by roly »

When my wife was in Toronto geting cancer treatments she met a lady from the Bahamas. this lady has to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars and we payed nothing.
We thank god for our system as good or bad as it is!
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

I may be way out there but I believe a lot of Canadians don't appreciate our healthcare system. Bottom line....if you need healthcare, it is available. . . and it doesn't matter how much (or any these days) income you have.

I have seen bills for emergency care out of the US and cannot imagine carrying those costs especially if a disabling condition.

While I wish I wouldn't have to face the wait times, it's still my preferred system.

just my two cents.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
Black Coyote

health Care in canada

Post by Black Coyote »

Personally I can't say enough good things about our health care. My wife who has a damaged heart vales and lungs from the chemo and radation therapy she received when treated for a very agressive formn of breast cancer had several aggressive surgical procedures has always received the best of care and treatment in timely manner. Also my 32 yr old son who funtions at a 10 month level has required more hospitilization; surgeries and doctor visits over the years than I care to remember has received nothing but best of care.
And both their medical care is ongoing I would not change for anything.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i work in the health care profession and we have a shortage of dr's, nurses, and other qualified professionals resulting in high wait times etc ... i see many people working the system and a lot of money wasted in our health care system and who pays for that ...we do with our higher and higher taxes ....on the bright side i don't have to get a loan to see the dr ....
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

Sounds alot better than what we have in the US.
I know my dad needed surgery for an anurism and the doctors
would'nt do the surgery because he had no insurance til he finally got medicare.
Tenn.

Equinox