How many tree stands do you have?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I have 5 so far. 4 hang ons and one climber. I also have a few ground blind locations I like to sit.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I presently have 3 stands in the 200 acres of property I bow hunt. I need two more to have all the hot spots covered...till I find some more.

I agree with you though too many spots to sit at always makes me think that the deer are probably milling around my other stands any given day.

F
huntone

Post by huntone »

I have 2 ladder stands and 2 hang ons. One of the ladder stands sets over a real "honey hole". Funny, I've had that stand there so long that the cedar tree has grown 3 inches into the teeth on the back of the stand. I also leave my other ladder stand in the woods, but I need to move it this year to use as a bow stand over a good doe trail. My 2 hang ons usually get used near a good food source, or I may just get a wild hair and think. "Maybe this would be a good spot". Last year I had a few persimmon trees that produced through the rut and I got some trail cam pics of a few nice 8 pointers, big for my area, eating during the day and night. I may just set up on the ground, in cover, and close by that persimmon during the late bow season. I know for sure that 1 of the nice 8 pointers survived the season.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
TB

Post by TB »

I have 18 set up around the farm so we don't pressure any one spot at any time plus can adjust for wind direction. Combination hang on and ladder and box that was not counting ground blinds
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

2 hang ons 1 ladder and a climber i'll never get in again ..the only good one is my ladder stand ....
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

I have 8 ladder stands set up at different locations on 160 acres . Needles to say we get a few deer every year. Nice to be able to shift around.
I am a hunter and proud of it.
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

I've gone more 'portable' since losing three stands last year a few weeks before the season to thieves on one of my properties outside of Milton that I share with two other gentlemen. Between the three of us, we lost a total of eight.

I lent one of them my ground blind for the rest of the season and I didn't bother to hunt out that way last year.

I have three in the garage currently. :D
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I have 18 hang ons in my garage waiting to go up next month. Tree steps are already placed from early this year. I have 15 ladders already up which usually stay in place all year around. Im up to 32 so far but thats over a range of about 2500 acres that I hunt. Some farms have 8-10 stands while others only have 1-2. Just depends on which winds normally blow there. The most ive ever paid for a stand was 90bucks, but mostly I shop after season and get 200 dollar stands for 50bucks :D

All of my 32 stands are set for winds and each has produced deer provided I wanted to take them LOL. But out of those I would say 12 of them are in prime spots which I normally wont hit untill ML'er season. Ill hit 2-3 of them during bow on perfect wind days those.

If everyone could see my garage(30x50) then they would scratch their heads. Its lined with stands LOL :D Hunting isnt easy and its certainly not easy hanging and taking most of these down season after season. But its worth it.

My problem will come when my kids start hunting on their own... 2 lil ones so I predict at somepoint we will have over 100 stands to hunt LOL

yes, its an obession :D
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

I have 3 hang-on stands and 1 climber, which I find is plenty for me. All of my stands get more or less equal use.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

3 hang on, 1 ladder, 2 climbers along with some ground blinds.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

One 2-man ladder, a hang on and a climber. I seldom use the climber. I move the ladder every year or two. I move the hang on two or three times per year. I hunt out of hang on and ladder numerous times per year, but hunt about an equal amount from the ground. I've killed deer out of all of them. My preference is to hunt from the ground.

DuckHunt
saxman

Post by saxman »

I have 3
1 - 16' Ladder stand
1 - hang on with 20' sticks
1 - climber
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I have a hang-on I never use.

I have a ladder stand I seldom use.

I'm mostly a bucket hunter, and sometimes box stand hunter. Works for me. :D
Grizz
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Don't know...

Between my son and myself(we share stands) I'd say a coupel dozen at least.

We have some in two spots in Indiana and three spots in Illinois.

We lose one of two every year to thiefs and we but 2 o3 every year when they go on sale after season for 50% off.

We use strictly the hang on style and most times use climbing sticks.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
mikej

Post by mikej »

woody don't you have at least one in every state yet :lol: :lol:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective