Any Ideas on a home made smoker

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

huntone

Post by huntone »

:D Tasty looking Big58cal, I can almost smell that. Your Brinkmann is the same model I have. I like the newer model better in that you can remove the body and get to the coals easier...... :D Great Pics, Thanks
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

On another forum someone uses an old fridge with metal inside walls. He found it at the dump. Said it doesn't look pretty but works well. He's had it for 15+ years.
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
Popacap

Post by Popacap »

My friend in High School put 2 55 gallon drums together. The bottom was the wood pit and the top was the meat house. Made some sweet meat!!!
2009 Vortex
lumizone
Excel string
125 grn F3 Trophy Ridge broadheads
Firebolt arrows
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: BPS has the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker on sale for 219.94...bought one last weekend and it is awesome...did a batch of sausages and they tasted like heaven on earth! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
DH

Post by DH »

You can't beat a Bradley , set it up and walk away till it's done. :D
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Here's an interesting "homemade smoker" ... cheap to build, too! :shock: :P :lol:

Grizz
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Started my Brinkmann up this morning at about 9:30 AM with almost 30 lbs of pork butts. Image

I smoke the butts, chill them, and then pull them into BBQ. I take the pulled meat and put enough for a meal in a vacuum sealing bag, seal it and freeze it. That way whenever we want BBQ, all I have to do it thaw out a package of the meat, heat it in the microwave with some sauce, and pretty soon your tongue is slapping your brains loose! Image :lol:

They should be done around 5:30 - 6:00 this afternoon. But of course, before they're wrapped and put in the fridge, they're going to have to be "sampled" to make sure they're fit to eat. :wink: Image
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Grizzly Adam wrote:Here's an interesting "homemade smoker" ... cheap to build, too! :shock: :P :lol:

doesn't look like it would hold much meat :lol: :lol: :lol:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I've been in the process of making one for a while. A combo unit that can be used as a charcoal grill or a wood burning grill or a smoker. It's on hold while I get some paying jobs out the door. Can be made simpler than what I have done. Although this one should last a long time, the body has 1/4" wall.

Here's a pic from several weeks back. It is now sporting legs, wheels and a chimney. One day I will finish it.... :roll:
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
maple

Post by maple »

Here's a pic of my COLD smoker. I do salmon sides.

The fire box is a 5 gallon steel bucket on the ground and the smoke chimney is a flexible dryer hose. This leads to the wooden box with screened trays.

Since you do NOT want the temperature of the fish to exceed 26'C (80'F), the heat and vents need to be monitored. I use an alarmed thermometer.

Smoke all day with maple wood and you've got cold smoked salmon that melts in your mouth. MMMMMMMmmmmmm.

Maple
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

That's pretty slick right there. That right there is redneck engineering at it's finest! :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.