BROADHEAD HELP

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Booner

BROADHEAD HELP

Post by Booner »

Has anyone found a fixed broadhead that shoots great out of ecal xbows.I want to try some out of my equinox but at 30 or 40 bucks a pop ya cant try to many.Im looking for a head that wont plain to much with the higher speeds of our bows.If I can narrow it down to a couple heads to try it would be helpful THANKS. :)
wildman

Post by wildman »

Booner I'm no expert on broadheads but i'm liking the slick trick b h just fine seem to shoot very close to field point p.o.a for me too.. :D
Exocet 200,
Miller Quiver Mount
Miller's Killers
Slick Trick B/H
mikej

Post by mikej »

If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

X2 on Slicks, but haven't tried the newer models, no need, dead is dead, quick is quick, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Rich

Post by Rich »

Wasp Boss or Muzzy 4-blades fly very true. Slicks and Montec's also get very good reviews.

Rich
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Another 'slicker' heard from. Flies great, just like my field points (don't even practice with broadheads any longer), outstanding terminal performance.
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Old school,I like a leading cutting edge, magnus ss snuffers, need to be sharpen a little better,quick and easy plus a warranty on them :)

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
philman

Post by philman »

I like my 150 grain boltcutters with my Equinox, and shoot 100 grain wasp 3 blades out of my exocet. Both shoot good with firebolts. Hope this helps.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I shot slick tricks for years with great results... just switched the the rage 3 blades last year and havent gone back to a fixed head since:) You can get replacement blades for the slicks so just pick one and use that as your test head. Thats why I like rage since they give you a practice one to use. I tried spitfires but couldnt get good groups and I hated using up the heads just to practice with at 40bucks for 3 :cry:

but try the slick tricks 8)
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've had good results with G-5 Montec, Wac-Em Exit and Magnus Snuffers.
The Wac-Em Exit has really shined from my Phoenix. It's a 4 blade head I tried last year, and both deer I used them on dropped quickly (both were excellent hits as far as arrow placement - put them through both lungs and deer don't go too far). Accuracy has been great with them, and the replacement blades are very sharp out of the factory package. (with replaceable blades I don't try to sharpen used ones, I install new blades after they have been used and keep the old blades for practice)
wabi
lscha

Post by lscha »

Slick Tricks here too.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

wabi, which did you like the best, montec or snuffers. I shoot the montecs and think they are great, but snuffers have 145grains plus.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
dutchhunter

heads

Post by dutchhunter »

i have shot slicks as well as magus but have whent to rage and have not looked back .i am very happy with the two blade rage head DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
jaybird

Broadhead help

Post by jaybird »

I shoot Crimson Talon Hyperspeed 100gr. with my Exomax and use their practice points ,which fly just like the broadhead. If you sight in with the practice point you will have the same point of impact with the broadhead.http://www.spintite.com. Have taken two deer with the Hyperspeed,first one dropped and died on the spot and the second took 3 steps and dropped dead. Massive wound channel and immediate blood loss that will not clot shut.
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

boltcutters
Team Dryfire