Ive asked this question before!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

perrysbirds

Ive asked this question before!

Post by perrysbirds »

Just wondering after your season is done.What kind of thing do you do with your camo clothing?I mean with regards to washing and storing!For example your deer season is from October 1st to the following new year.What do you do with your gear from that time to get it scent free for next falls deer hunt?
just thought I would throw that question out there.I also know that alot of people spring turkey hunt like myself but mainly i am asking howw to get your gear ready for the following hunting season.Do you wash it a certain way?Do you have a solution for washing?
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Never thought about the washing part, I always wonder if they will fit the next season :)

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
bbbwb

Question Before --- Hunting Clothing Care

Post by bbbwb »

I wash an or dry clean the different clothing and then air them well. Store in an armoire that I have for my hunting clothing and footwear. Air out again before the next hunting season begins.
In certain situations I have hung the clothing in a clothes bag with cedar when I plan to hunt in a cedar swamp.
Whether my practice and theories have merit, I am not sure, but I continue to follow them.
It will be interesting to read other responses.

bbbwb
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I run an empty cycle through the washer to clean it up, then wash my hunting clothes with SportWash.
Hang outside to dry then store in an airtight container with bags of fall leaves.
So far so good.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
mikej

Post by mikej »

Pydpiper wrote:I run an empty cycle through the washer to clean it up, then wash my hunting clothes with SportWash.
Hang outside to dry then store in an airtight container with bags of fall leaves.
So far so good.
me too, i put cedar in too
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Those HUGE bags that ZipLock had are great. You can see what's in them and they're pretty durable. My clothes go from the line (after scent-free washing) to those bags. During hunting season those bags mostly stay in the back of the vehicle.

I wore some of my camo a couple of weeks ago waiting for a coyote to show up, so it's not stored away yet like it is most summers. :oops:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

after the season is over i just water wash them and store in a plastic bin....i wash them in baking soda before using them fer hunting.............bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I wash mine, dry and stick them in a garbage bag, than in a plastic bin. I have heard that if you put anything else in there with them you might come back to mouldy clothes come fall, but it appears some members are doing so with good results. (cedar, leaves.)
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

After season they get washed and put into plastic containers. Two weeks before season they get hung outdoors. Three days before season they get put back into a plastic container along with white pine and leaves.

The white pine gives off a pretty good scent but you have to cut them again after several days. I usually cut them about 6" long and then nip off an inch each time I cut them. Every time you do this you get the big pine scent again.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

I wash all my camo hunting clothing in HS scent free soap and air dry it.
Then i seperate early,mid,late season clothing in air tight bins and label them so next fall i know which is which and exactky where it is.I do the same with my scent lok/blocker camo and store in its own airtight bag in an air tight bin.
My wife wont let me do our laundry so i do mine once a year :lol:
Sopchoppy

Clothes

Post by Sopchoppy »

Wash in scent free detergent; use "fresh earth" dryer sheet; store in one of those camo totes from BPS with a "fresh earth" wafer inside. Put in big zip lock bag from Walmart to transport; whatever is worn on the outside is not put on until I get to the woods. Never had an issue with a deer putting the sniff on me.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone