The down hill of Summer.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Moxie

The down hill of Summer.

Post by Moxie »

It's the 4th of July, Independence Day, for the year 2009. The down hill run of Summer begins on the 5th as we make the advance towards the opening days of the archery hunting seasons. Our thoughts gradually begin to shift towards the cooler September nights, the changing from leaf green to leaf colors, and that crunchy sound coming from our feet as we walk through the woods to our favorite hunting spot. Yes, I look forward to Independence Day because I know the first great weekend of Fall is not far away, Labor Day, and we know the hunting season starts not long after that. Cooler nights, the first frost, Bucks becoming restless, and that forever straining the eyes to see through the leaves for any sign of game. Yes, that time is coming again and most of us can hardly wait for the downhill of Summer to be over and the Fall archery season to come.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
lscha

Post by lscha »

Thanks Moxie! That sounded good! :D
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Stash

Post by Stash »

Very poetic, but are you nuts???!!! :lol:

The snow just went away a month ago! It's warm and sunny! The beach! Boating, fishing, camping and not shivering!

Let us enjoy the few months of decent weather we do manage to get before reminding us of the inevitable coming dark, cold winter.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I always enjoy fall and hunting season too, and I look forward to it ... but I sure wouldn't ever long for any season of the year to be over with ... life is short, and over far too quickly to spend a even a minute wishing any part of it would hurry up and be done! :shock:

Since we can't take anything for granted, and I might never see this fall, I think I'll just enjoy the summer! :D
Grizz
spiwonka

Post by spiwonka »

Sounds very good. The only thing is everything crunches now when you walk. We need rain!!!! The one bad thing about bowhunting in SouthCentral Texas is during October it's still Very Hot, but we put up with it. It's nice getting a extra month in of hunting in. Espically this year since we can actually hunt with a crossbow during regular archer season!!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I spend nine months of the year waiting for three months of the year to arrive. :lol: Before I became a hunter I tended to be a little depressed with the end of summer. BUT NOT ANYMORE!!!! Bring on the fall, but enjoy the summer while it lasts! Snow sucks.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

one shot scott wrote: Snow sucks.
You need to take up a snow sport - skiing or snowboarding! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

VixChix wrote:

:lol: :lol: Snowmobile'n is the only thing that gets me through the cold days of winter. :lol:
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

VixChix wrote:
I do. I ski all winter. I love the cold not the heat. heat and I just do not gat along.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

I like the cold or at least cool months but I also enjoy summer. That is the time I get to ride my bike (recumbent bicycle). I rolled over 2,000 miles on my 34 mile ride today!

I used to also look at July 4 as mid summer but now I look more at the end of July as the mid point. We are still a long ways from the cooler weather.
Keep smiling!
Dennis